Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darth vadar

Über Member
I haven't been out on my bike for nearly two months.

No reason for not doing so. I have lots of time on my hands and the weather has been good (mostly)

What makes it worse, is that I have even bought a brand new bike yet I still haven't been out on that either.

In my head, my love for cycling still seems as strong but I just haven't been able to motivate myself to get out.

My last ride was a forty mile trip along the Trans Pennine Trail and it was very enjoyable except for the fact that my bike got absolutely filthy and looked in a sorry state when I got home. But, after a good clean on the Sunday morning it looked fab again.

Whats wrong with me?

Help !!!!!!!!

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
You're getting too used to the home comforts now that the weathers turned, you need some motivation and here it is

"LOOK AT THE SIZE YOUR TUMMY HAS GROWN TOO, FATTY!"  :tongue:

good enough reason to get out on the bike now?

OP
OP
darth vadar

darth vadar

Über Member
:biggrin:

"LOOK AT THE SIZE YOUR TUMMY HAS GROWN TOO, FATTY!" :tongue:

I think you might be right about that bit.

I went to Boots the other day and got on some of their talking scales and it said "One at a time please" !!!!!

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I think most people go through the same phase at some stage - end result can be packing up cycling for a few years.

As to the causes - many and varied I suppose. When I packed in I had gotten bored with long mileages and over-familiar surroundings. Now I'm back cycling I like to keep it mixed with long,short and turbo sessions.

TVC

Just go out now. Don't get changed, just pull on your cycling shoes. No need for gloves, you'll only be out for ten minutes.

Go on, just go, don't plan it, just go where the front wheel points.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just set out for a few round the block rides, dont put yourself under pressure. I found that was a problem for me, being used to regular 30/40 mile rides, then nothing, then it seems a mountain to climb again. So dont set that distance. Start by simply getting on the bike even for a 2 mile ride...as said, go where your wheels take you and turn round when you want.

OP
OP
darth vadar

darth vadar

Über Member
Thanks folks.

I've got a free day today so I will take your advice and give my new bike a bit of a run.

:bicycle:

Top Bottom