Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Padi-Diver

Is there anyone out there in the vacinity of the Medway Towns that could help me put my bike together as its getting a little to technical for me???

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Local bike shops will usually put an 'out of the box' one together for a few pounds. I say usually.... If it's frame and 'parts' then you will get charged quite a bit, as I now know, having sorted out another member last weekend. :wacko:

Out of the box - possibly £25. Frame and components - £100 easy !

OP
OP
P

Padi-Diver

Its a major job I think and I cannot afford that sort of money to be honest I shall just have to persevere!!

OP
OP
P

Padi-Diver

Basically Iam trying to put the parts from one frame into another but for starters the rear gears are not transferable so now I have two different gear sets? I have had two swop my pedals around which I am sure is not a problem its more the gears etc that are a concern!!

fungus

Veteran
They should just transfer directly from one frame to another, what frames (road/Mountain) are they and what components are you trying to transfer. The rear mech should just bolt on to the mech hanger & same for the front unless it's a band on where it just clamps to the frame. It really should be a very simple job.

Top Bottom