HGV got stuck under Shortlands Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bromley this morning.
Italian driver of the HGV looking very sheepish, cops obviously not very happy. Last I saw he was emptying the air out of his trucks tyres.

Signs in imperial and metric on the bridge... so no excuse other then not paying proper attention.

Have a great photo on my phone, will post up later

Jake

cool, cant wait to see.

Remember that Not The Nine O’clock News spoof of the fiat advert? – Designed by computers, engineered by laser, built by robots….. and driven by Italians. – over picture of smashed up fiat.

Reminded me of an incident when I was working in New Covent Garden. Italian truck driver tried to go to old Covent Garden instead of New Covent Garden, via the Blackwall Tunnel instead of Blackfriars bridge. He turned up 6 hours late after driving around most of Hackney, he was very frazzled poor sod, and very grateful that I kept the warehouse open for him to offload. We got the gear off and then shared a plate of pasta and home-grown beans that his wife had bottled in Sicily. Nice guy.

Maz

Guru
TwickenhamCyclist said:
Remember that Not The Nine O’clock News spoof of the fiat advert? – Designed by computers, engineered by laser, built by robots….. and driven by Italians. – over picture of smashed up fiat.
Yeah, I remember that. They did a similar one where everyone on the shop floor was called Bob..."hand-built by Roberts" was the pun.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Twenty Inch said:
Lots of bad-tempered traffic up Westmoreland road.

Mikey what time were you there?

In the car china, didn't see any cyclists in that section. Roughly 09.00-09.30 (lotta traffic!!). Mrs was with me, she's due this week.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And here is the pic

2860526494_42fc348017.jpg

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
There was one of those in Hampshire where the local cop turned up and asked "What happened?"

The driver looked him for a moment, then replied: "Well, officer, I was delivering this bridge ..."

Ben

Top Bottom