Hi all.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rik13

Howdy everyone, i feel like a con merchant as i don't have a bike as yet but my intentions are good. Just in the process of deciding what to buy. The last bike i owned was about 35 years ago, about time i got fitter. I've seen some good advise on here, and intend to use it.

Rik.xx(

sticky sherbert

rik13 said:
The last bike i owned was about 35 years ago,

Rik.xx(

they are a lot better now, more expensive, but better.

O'h yea, hello and welcome

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Modern bikes are pretty fab, what sort are you looking for?
Are you prepared to become an obsessive, loose all your friends and money? Then Cycling's for you!
Welcome aboard rik13

MrRidley

Fab Foodie said:
Modern bikes are pretty fab, what sort are you looking for?
Are you prepared to become an obsessive, loose all your friends and money? Then Cycling's for you!
Welcome aboard rik13

And tell your wife you have no money for shopping after you have just spent £40 in lidl on bike stuff you dont need.

Welcome aboard rik13, hope you'll stick around. Do bear in mind that as you get into the wonderful world of cycling that you'll come to realise that you need more than one bike. Start off with a nice city bike. Then get a road (race) bike for Sunday spins around the lanes, a touring bike for longer jaunts, a mountain bike (hard-tail single speed), a mountain bike (Hart-tail short travel forks), a mountain bike (full-sus short travel), a mountain bike (long travel DH), a folding bike, a recumbent bike (short wheel base sport), a recumbent bike, (long wheel base touring), a recumbent trike, a cruiser, a fixed wheel, a hack bike, a load carrier, an Italian classic, a tandem, a couple of British roadsters and maybe a unicycle. By which time you'll probably want to replace the original city bike with something decent from Rivendell Bicycle. xx(

Top Bottom