Hi from Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beetnik

Regular
Hi all - I've just dug my 1998 Ridgeback out of the garage after at least 8 years of no cycling and started to commute into town. It's an easy trip in as I live on a ridge and work is by the riverside so pretty much downhill on a morning. I can then cane it along the canal/river coming home (well maybe when I get a bit fitter).

Why? I've just gone to three days a week from working all hours and lost my car parking space along the way so I've a bit more time on my hands. aware of the need to lose a bit of weight and, with a reduced income, it makes financial good sense.

Bike is remarkably ok after such a long lay off. Pumped up the tyres and off I went. I imagined they might be perished but so far so good. Everything works except it's a bit of a bugger getting the chain onto the small front cog (and I've needed it once so far - hehe ran into a small ditch while looking down and 'encouraging it to move over' with my flailing boot).

Enjoying myself so far and lost 5 pounds in weight in two weeks - and saved more than 5 pounds in petrol costs - mwuhahahahaha.

colly

Re member eR
HI Beetnik,

Maybe see you about sometime.:hello:

Which part of Leeds are you ?

colly

Re member eR
I live in Oakwood. Sometimes ride out from the centre through Woodlesford and Oulton on the canal path.

Hi Beetnik,

I'm from Yeadon, not been around your side of Leeds in years

I've commuted for a couple of months, 9 mile downhill to work,
biggrin.gif
and 9 miles uphill home again
sad.gif

Top Bottom