hi im new

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimpower_1

hello everyone just thought id say hi since im new hear so hiii 

I got my new bike in 2007 and went riding everywhere with my 3 year old son in the trailer I stopped when I was pregnant and haven’t been back on since and she’s 9 months now.

iv started thinking about going back out on my bike again now im just wondering how old baby’s have to be to go in the trailers my daughter is 9 months old now and my son is 4 its a double trailer.

kim :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hi! And Welcome!:wacko:

I think the issue with little babies is whether they can sit up well enough (IE, not end up slumped over held up by the straps with head dangling). If there was room, you might be able to strap a car kiddie seat into the trailer to get over this - but with the 4 year old in there, it might be crowded.

Someone who actually has children will no doubt be along soon to help!:smile:

Hello kim, I'm Jim...:smile:
You need to post this in the babies and toddler's section. They call it 'Politics and Life'...:biggrin:

As Arch said...someone soon, like prettyboy Tim for example might give you pointers; I'm just a kid and don't kno any better. :sad:

papercorn2000

Mine's was fine in the trailer at 7 months. Spent the whole time asleep!
She's graduated to a tagalong and still appears to spend a good proportion of her time asleep - if the pedalling effort is anything to go by!

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Aperitif said:
Hello kim, I'm Jim...:smile:
You need to post this in the babies and toddler's section. They call it 'Politics and Life'...:sad:

:biggrin:

Welcome Kim. Have zero experience of those baby-things off a bike, let alone on one! Good luck.

OP
OP
kimpower_1

kimpower_1

thanks Arch iv just looked that up and it seems most websites recommend baby’s should to be 12 months before on a bike or trailer, there was also lots of people who ride with 8 month old baby’s and onwards. there musnt be a law on it. :rolleyes:

hi jim its kim ;)thanks ill check that Politics section out.

papercorn2000 did your trailer seat lean back or just a bit like most?

thanks everyone :smile:

Willow

Hi Kimpower my two are much older now (12 and 10), I used a seat on the back of the back initially and once the older one was 3 he then rode his own bike while his brother was on the seat. I have no experience of trailers but child development varies so much I'm not sure an age is much help anyway. I am blessed with two giants I think (12 yr old is 5ft 6)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Hi Kim, Welcome to the forum, it's a nice place to hang out.

Don't know much about little ones in trailers, I've only towed a 10 year old, what a back seat driver she turned out to be! :girl:

Top Bottom