Hi-Viz / Reflective tape or sheet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Can anyone recoomend where to get hold of some decent Hi-Viz / Reflective tape or sheets at a reasonable price?

Cheers.

BSRU

A Human Being
Can anyone recoomend where to get hold of some decent Hi-Viz / Reflective tape or sheets at a reasonable price?

Cheers.

You can buy diamond grade reflective tape of EBay.

adscrim

Veteran
What do you want it for? ie bike, bag or clothing?

I have some cheap diamond grade stuff from ebay that's on the commuter and some of this stuff for all over my black ortlieb city bag. The respro stickers are excellent and I believe well worth the £12 paid. They have been on the bag for nearly two years (commuting all year in a all weathers) now and are only showing signs of coming unstuck on one or two small wear points. I believe the packaging state they will survive the washing machine but I've don't know how true that is.

Plus you can cut them to any shape you wish.

RedBike

I had some 'black' dimond grade tape that was suprisingly effective.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25mm-REFLECTI...21?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item439cfdf091

Black is probably the worst colour possible for reflective tape. However, I didn't want to spoil the look of the bike by having squares of floresent tape stuck all over it. By using black tape (on a black frame) the tape was perfectly camaflarged during the day, but it reflected car headlights brilliantly at night.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I bought an A4 sheet of the respro Black tape and have cut it into various sizes. I also bought 1m of red reflective tape for the mudguards....

The black stuff is great and I've even got it on my rims.....

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I've also got the Respro black tape and highly recommend it - almost invisible in the day, but reflects like crazy in headlights at night.

zacklaws

Guru
use this one sticks like shoot to a blanket and very bright
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...137231937123090

I too go along with Solas reflective tape, it can be expensive depending on where you buy it from, but just a metre cut up and stuck on your bike will make it glow like a xmas tree from a long distance, you probably would not even want a whole metre in fact. I use it on two of my bikes that I ride after dark and also on my small bait boat that I use for fishing so that I can easily spot in the dark if it ever gets stuck out in the middle of a lake, just the slightest bit of light on it really sparks it up from a distance.

Well recomended

Top Bottom