High Speed Bus and Cycle route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In Gosport we have a well used and well kept cycle track along the old railway line into Gosport from the main A32.

It is a popular route and was under threat from a Rapid Transit Scheme.

Now there is an intention to build a "High Speed Bus Route" along this facility. There is a real compromise as the potential for conflict between a high speed bus and cyclists.

My wife has raised a No 10 Petition - If you feel inclined - could you sign.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
They tried that in Bristol with the Bristol to Bath cycle path - it actually showed how many people used the cycle path both communting, and recreational. Good Luck.

OP
OP
U

ufkacbln

What I love is the way that at a local meeting 17 people raised parking and it became a "Key issue" at the next meeting- 24 raised cycle facilities and it wasn't even on the agenda!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cunobelin said:
What I love is the way that at a local meeting 17 people raised parking and it became a "Key issue" at the next meeting- 24 raised cycle facilities and it wasn't even on the agenda!
Cars can hold 4 or 5 people, so each "car" vote actually counts 4 or 5 times. People carriers count 7.

iacula

signed

Cunobelin said:
In Gosport we have a well used and well kept cycle track along the old railway line into Gosport from the main A32.

It is a popular route and was under threat from a Rapid Transit Scheme.

Now there is an intention to build a "High Speed Bus Route" along this facility. There is a real compromise as the potential for conflict between a high speed bus and cyclists.

My wife has raised a No 10 Petition - If you feel inclined - could you sign.

Where I live, there is a similar proposal being put forward, but for a freight rail link to reduce vehicular congestion. The old railway line is now a very nice cycle track which runs for about 3 miles.
Whilst I would miss the facility as somewhere to walk the dog and as a cut through to the far side of town, I would welcome less heavy traffic in the area, especially when cycling, especially if they ran passenger services to the suburbs and neighbouring towns further along the defunct rail line.

Top Bottom