Highway of Death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Reading the article, there were 12 people in a Landcruiser. They're big cars, but that's going some.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Chuffing hell, that one of the lorries passing each other is enough to make you nip your arse cheeks together :blush::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
****, I know the two guys who were injured, misread the article and thought they had been killed, not injured, damn, my heart is still racing, horrible

buggi

Bird Saviour
FECKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon Top Gear should send the Stig up there. Let's see what he's really made of.

reminds of a mountain road i went round, in Feurteventura. we took a wrong turn. probably not as thin, two cars could actually pass, but it scared the shite out of me becoz it was only JUST wide enough for two cars and we knew if we met a lorry we were screwed, no barrier, 1000 feet drop on one side. my bloke who was driving spent half hour on the loo when we got back, i kid you not. put him off driving for the rest of the holiday, he actually refused to drive anywhere that looked like it was getting a bit hilly after that. i was crapping myself because i know he can't drive down the road without riding the white line (shite driver, he's now my ex). had i of been with any normal competent driver i probably wouldn't have been crapping myself so much.

moral of the story... when your rep tells you the road is "scenic" stay the feck away!

bonj2

yep, dangerous - don't like it. Personally think it's irresponsible to promote tours on it just playing on its notoriety. wouldn't cycle or drive on it.
I've cycled on wimble holme hill a couple of times and while my mate was quite happy to blast down this little path I found it a bit hairy and walked sections. (yes it IS as bad as it looks) - and that's just out of totley with only the odd hiker to watch out for, so that in bolivia with trucks bombing down it is ludicrous.

My attitude is that cycling or driving for either fun or transport doesn't NEED to involve a significant risk of death by falling to by productive or enjoyable.

Melvil

Sympathies to the families. Especially the poor guy who died.

Top Bottom