Hilly Dorking on the electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yendrek3

Hi all,

Yesterday I went to Dorking, Surrey which is unfortunately very hilly but fortunately I went there with my new machine which is electric. It's got only 250W of power but it is amazing how much helps you to climb. I thought I'm not gone get fit but apparently you do get fit. The motor just assists you through the hilly steps and on the downhill you get a full freedom. It's a great fun guys.

BTW I love Dorking and my new machine and would recommend it anyone who feels it needs some extra power.:biggrin: for those who are interested please see my Oxygen Emate Race

Anyone else is using electric bike???, share your experience guys!!!:wahhey:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Only 250W of power? I expect I can just about manage that on a good day. That's certainly enough to flatten out the hills a bit.

It looks pretty good, I've not come across that bike before. I started a subscription to AtoB magazine a few years back because I wanted a folding bike, they are increasingly covering electric bikes now.

I could use one as a trailer-puller (so both myself and Ms. P can use it) but I don't have room for any more bikes where I live.

How quick is it on the flat?

RedBike

250watts is a lot!

I'm no longer fit enough to average that sort of power anymore. To put it into prespective 300 watts combined with a time trial bike is apparently enough see you do 25miles in less than an hour on a good day.

barq

I've never seen a bike like that before. The electric bikes I've seen have been more of the commuter variety (and mostly look a bit ugly). That looks a smarter design. How does it handle off-road? How heavy does the battery/motor make it?

PS I know exactly the hills you mean, I'm from Guildford but often ride near Dorking.

Top Bottom