Hilly end to the month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

Beast of a ride today, 75 miles with Club. 7700 feet of climbing, out around Sheffield up Ringinglow, then up Rivelin / Moscar Valley to Strines. Through The Strines to Langsett, there's some nasty little hills in that bit, especially with snow and sleet on the ground! Couldn't descend at any speed cos of the surface. Cafe in Langsett then back through Strines, over to Hathersage and a quickish run up Surprise view, then over the tops and back to base. All great cycling roads, saw quite a few out round Hathersage, but few over to Langsett.

About 2 degs all the way, but a very very good workout, hardest ride I have done so far, first time I have made it up a gradient over 20% without walking,

Look forward to another trip in same locality when it's a bit drier and warmer, but a bonus to get these hilly miles done in January.

S_t_e_v_e

Veteran
Wow, that is some climbing. Me and a friend did 45 miles and 3500 feet of climbing. That was tough. Just to the edge of the Peaks, south-east of Chesterfield. Hopefully, we can venture further into the Peaks as our fitness improves.

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

There's certainly some great riding around Ches, flat to the east, hilly everywhere else! Has certainly got me fitter than I've been for 25 years. Strines will be done again when it's less marginal on the descents.

Top Bottom