hit by a van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

got hit by a van the other day he just pulled out in front of me didnt see me at all if I hadnt swerved in time I would have been under his wheel,instead he went into the side of me knocked me flying just managed to stay on the bike. He didnt even stop to apologise just beeped his horn waved a sorry to me, the peeeed off round the corner. Damm u white van man

thomas

the tank engine
Did you get any details? Were you alright? Should really report it to the police as hit and run!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Thats leaving the scene of an accident, hit and run and 'due care and attention.. ;) Go to the police, time/date and place etc. He could be on CCTV.

PBancroft

Agree with everyone else here. Even if you don't have the details, go to the Police with time/date and any obvious markings or other information. You might not see the benefit of it personally, but if he makes a habit of driving recklessly someone might make the connection.

OP
OP
J

jonnyboy

cheers for the replys wasnt hurt at all just got a bit of a fright, unfortunately didnt get the reg do u all really think I should report it

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just log it at least - just incase....

I was here 2 months ago - yup ok, knocked off, feel fine if a bit bruised....

Christmas, not too much bikes, lots of rest and booze.......

Wasn't until I went swimming with the family.....ohh that's not right - clunk click went my shoulder...until then, I felt fine - it's been sore ever since and still clunk clicks.... I didn't want to 'ambulance chase' as folk call it.....

My shoulder is messed up and it's only a Grade 1 - just look up what some folk have had - Grade 3,4 - total dislocation.....snapped ligaments etc..OMG..........it's costing £78 a week out of my pocket to treat it at the moment......

So, even though I am a die hard.........I took advice from here....... I reported it...it turned out that I was more injured than I thought !

Arch

Married to Night Train
jonnyboy said:
cheers for the replys wasnt hurt at all just got a bit of a fright, unfortunately didnt get the reg do u all really think I should report it

Yes. It may not benefit you, or the next person he hits, but a canny copper might put 2 and 2 together and connect them, and it'll go into the statistics, and who knows, someone may actually care enough one day to do something about the standard of driving out there...

Top Bottom