Hit by TWO cars today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah, I forgot the warning signs...it's been too calm and nice recently, was due a bad day

First one is a "Vauxhall Chavette" - you know the sort, where her gob is louder than her exhaust - approaching red lights on a normal 2 lane road with not enough room, she gives it the "half overtake", pulling in by necessity when I'm alongside the door pillar and I end up steadying myself with the palm of my hand on the rear door and I carry on as she brakes (her brain cell has at least focussed on the oncoming bus and worked out that hitting it isn't a good idea)

Then as she roars past again, I'd raised my hand to the pushing out motion to signal a little more room, she whacks my hand with the wing mirror

(neither descriptions af contact are euphemisms for a car-slap BTW)

Further on she again sits in traffic, this time there's a filter lane and an ASL so I take that and progress..at tle lights following she roars past after they change giving it the incomprehensible "bebibidlebeuuuurgh"...and again next set of lights she is stopped (pattern following here for all the excess fuel consumption screeching away from lights)

So, her in the middle lane, me in the inside lane (operational bus lane) I have the usual pointless conversation which gives me a sense of despair at the general human contition and her a day less to live due to blood pressure increase

During this, which is taking place at a red light, with me in a clearly marked bus lane, Mr Magoo in a little blue micra rear ends me

At this point I decide I'm on a loser as the asylum is obviously having one of its occasional "let the patients out unaccompanied" days

No damage done however and cheered up by my boss' comments this morning about my speed on the bike

I'd got lackadaisical about charging batteries for the cam though...I suppose it was a reminder to keep using it as you never know what day you might need it

BSRU

A Human Being
It's that Friday feeling, I had some tailgater at a mini-RAB overtake me, as they came along side pointing furiously to the pavement, even though it's not a shared pavement it's just for pedestrians.

ohnovino

Large Member
Yup, it's a Friday.

My Friday commutes follow a regular pattern. In the morning there's almost nobody about, so although driving standards are poor there's enough escape room that it's never really a problem. But in the afternoon/evening the zombies come out to play.

BSRU

A Human Being
I did see a Wales & West Utilities van driver this morning enjoying a large mug of tea/coffee this morning while his other hand was busy changing gear.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Oh good,not just me then having to deal with the Friday dickwits day out ! Thankfully it's weekend,i'm not working and i plan to treat myself to some of Krispy Kremes finest doughnuts :biggrin:

davehann

friday is the the day i save for the full on adrenalin ride
(getting home through, rediculoius traffic)
it is such fun powering past the slow movers in their metal boxes :tongue:

Top Bottom