1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm, left or right, right or left

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by LLB, 22 Jun 2008.

1. LLB

LLB Guest

Bit the bullet and got the Hybrid (Giants gone). I've yet to get the SPDs sorted out, but I'm just playing around with the seat height/trip computer etc etc.

Pleased with what I've seen so far with the Marin, but the force is strong with the one on the left ;)

2. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Nice Marin.

Always had a soft spot for them. Don't like the new curvy framed-ones though

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Does that one have the steel frame like the Muirwoods?

4. OP
    OP
    LLB

LLB Guest

No idea what they made the Ninja out of, but the Marin is 7005 ally (triple butted) ;)

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I nearly bought a Muirwoods once, as I liked the idea of the steel frame and 26"£ wheels.

But the bloke in On Your Bike's manner was not one of someone whose salary depended on him getting on with customers.

6. OP
    OP
    LLB

LLB Guest

It is a road going hybrid 700x28c wheels, carbon forks etc etc. I liked the OCR1 but wanted a change from the prone position - get enough of that on the m/cycle, but the wind lifts your weight off the bars when you get above 40mph

7. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

It got the kenda kwick roller 28 tyres?

8. OP
    OP
    LLB

LLB Guest

Kenda nylon belted tyres with a directional arrow on them and a rain clearing tread pattern - not slick, and nothing else fancy stamped on them :wacko:

9. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Just interested. Some of the muirwood and fairfax models knocking around weren't so different from mine although I don't have carbon forks or anything like that.

10. OP
    OP
    LLB

LLB Guest

It was an 06 model, knocked down by a silly amount when I went in there a couple of days ago. I've been in and out of the shop for months keeping an eye on it. The temptation was just too much and weakness for shiny things got the better of me :wacko:

11. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

really?:wacko::rolleyes:

take the one on the left out. on a private track. quick

12. OP
    OP
    LLB

LLB Guest

As opposed to my old roadie which has fcuk all in the way of grooves and a couple of interesting lockups in the rain later........

Re the one on the left, I do already, and yes it is :wacko:

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The Marin looks good, what's all this talk about the left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Tread on a bike tyre on the road will make no difference at all in the wet to a slick tyre.

15. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

That Marin does look like a nice bike - I know nothing about the powered kind, so must forego discussion of the one on the left!

(BTW, my experience of Kenda tyres has not been happy - might be worth budgeting for a pair of replacements, depending on where you ride...)