horrible commute today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

I really hated the commute in this morning. The drizzle in London was so fine that my glasses were constantly soaked and hard to see through. Taking them off isn't an option, I cycled so slowly today as others seemed to not be affected at all.

Any spectacle wearers got any tips?

gazmercer

Uncle Mort said:
A cap with a long peak (even if you're wearing a helmet), wedged down low. Or contacts.

I agree !!

No tips from me sorry.

I just wanted you to know that in Glasgow this morning, it was one of those cold, crisp, sunny mornings that make commuting to work an absolute pleasure! :smile:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
magnatom said:
No tips from me sorry.

I just wanted you to know that in Glasgow this morning, it was one of those cold, crisp, sunny mornings that make commuting to work an absolute pleasure! :smile:

magnatom you smug git!

I wear contacts for cycling but haven't tried the cap approach.

It was a drizzly day this morning but is only going to get worse!!

Uncle Mort said:
A cap with a long peak (even if you're wearing a helmet), wedged down low

+1

magnatom said:

+1 (but Edinburgh)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Specialized's BG comp mitt has a "microfleece" thumb wipe that's really good at wiping the lenses of your glasses (imo).

The cap idea works too, and is why I started using those instead of the peak on my Spesh helmet.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ach, it is beautiful sunny day, what the problem.... :smile:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
cycle faster, no seriously.

i wear glasses and only have the problem at slow speed, 25+ and your fine :smile: that is untill you have to stop, and your done for.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
potsy said:
Have you had it done? I would love to get mine lasered but am too chicken.

Yup. I had the old version done, which I was told was more painful, but better, and significantly cheaper. There is now a newer version, which apparently is more a matter of discomfort. The version I had hurt like hell: I mean, serious agony from the time the painkiller wore off for about the next 12 hours, then gradually becoming less (tho' still very) painful over the next couple of days, but then that was that. 20/20 vision. Lovely jubbly.

I'd been dilly dallying for ages, but did some googling about and found a report on an academic study of something like 600 people who'd had it done 15 or more years ago, and had been asked two questions: Do you regret having had it done? and Would you recommend it to a friend. Every single one of the respondents said No to the first question and Yes to the second. And I thought, hmmm, I thought...those are pretty persuasive numbers.

Tynan

Veteran
astygmatism here, laser don't fix that

I do wear contacts though but that does really call for cycle glasses

the very fine drizzle this morning was very nice

Top Bottom