Housework hates?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
We have talked about getting a cleaner in - not because we are posh or anything. Just can't be arsed when it's our weekend off and would rather be out doing stuff.

My pet hates are cleaning the bath and changing the bed. The last one, because I live with a nurse, it is NEVER good enough. :smile: She always does it again, so I might as well not bother. :laugh:

What are you housework horrors?

Beardie

Anyone know of a really good way of getting limescale off the toilet? It's a bit beyond the proprietary stuff I've tried, as it is now almost at the hammer-and-cold-chisel stage.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Beardie said:
Anyone know of a really good way of getting limescale off the toilet? It's a bit beyond the proprietary stuff I've tried, as it is now almost at the hammer-and-cold-chisel stage.

Acid based chemical and left for a while.

But don't chuck down bleach next time you have a tom tit. :smile:

thomas

the tank engine
Putting wet clothes somewhere to dry...then putting them away. Don't mind much else. As a student our bathroom/kitchen doesn't need cleaning that often...we're breading new types of bacteria :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Like Snapper it's changing the bed linen for me. Duvet covers - Grrrrr!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any DIY job that has to be done in the house with a power tool, and have two kids going...ohh.....what does that do, as the end of your finger get's drilled.........

I got pestered laying a base for the greenhouse.....dropped a 600 x 900 mm concrete slab on my 'wedding ring finger'.....oh good god did that hurt......... and still does, years later..............

My wedding ring finger is doomed, fortunately the marriage isn't...... slashed my knuckle once, meant scar tissue stopped the original ring fitting, got another, slashed the knuckle again..... couldn't wear it. Then lost a couple of stone eting back into biking...... flipping ring went missing when gardening.............

DIY and that finger don't mix.............

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
snapper_37 said:
We have talked about getting a cleaner in - not because we are posh or anything. Just can't be arsed when it's our weekend off and would rather be out doing stuff.

My pet hates are cleaning the bath and changing the bed. The last one, because I live with a nurse, it is NEVER good enough. :thumbsup: She always does it again, so I might as well not bother. :becool:

What are you housework horrors?

We have a cleaner to come in a do the bathrooms, toilet, kitchen or any other bits that need doing. £20/week well spent. We both work and have 3 kids, we spend enough of our weekends 'working' in one way or another, the cleaner eases the burden.
So good is she, that I was of sick today and she arrived early whilst I was asleep... she brought me a cuppa in bed! A1 Star!

She sounds a gem Fab Foodie! I hate housework. Mainly as our house is small with hardly any storage space. I used to be quite good at housework but spent 7 years in farmhouse with no floors in - just earth floors, whilst it was being rebuilt. It kind of put me off doing it, got out of habit.

I can't understand it - you dust with one of those dust attracting thingies, or wash leather, then the very next day theres all the dust back? Not that I do it again. I have no excuse for a cleaner nowadays, as I've retired. I just have a bash at everything now and again and if I know my mum is coming, fly around like a loonie!

Jane Smart

The Queen
I remember that farmhouse well Campfire :becool:

Well I love housework all of it, even gardening :thumbsup: However if there is one job I HATE doing it has to be emptying the dishwasher of the clean dishes and putting them away again. A bit back to front I know, but I would rather WASH dishes by hand, rather than empty that dishwasher.

I am weird :tongue:

Top Bottom