How do I send/load photos to phone/computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I would like to be able to load some photos from my phone to my computer to send in an e-mail. I would like to send the same photos to someone on their phone.

I have a cable supplied with the phone IIRC to connect the two. I use Olympus Master to upload from the camera, but it does not "recognise" the phone and is just looking for a camera.

The computer tells me that a Wizard has uploaded the hardware, from the phone, presumably. I also have "Kodak" easy share on the computer.

Any advice would be appreciated. I will have to revert to my camera for the photos I need to take this afternoon.

I would have preferred to use the phone, because one person has temporarily no access to a computer. I would, for reasons too complicated to explain, like the sendees to receive the photos on the same day. I apologise for this being two questions in one. Basically I would like to take the photos with the phone and send one set in a message and one set by e-mail. Doesn't life get complicated. :laugh:

Norm

What phone is it?

Norm

Have you loaded the phone's software onto your computer? Without that, and the relevant drivers, it won't be able to "see" anything much when you connect the phone.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am sure I have loaded the relevant software, but I am not sure what you mean by drivers. I will try and work this out as it will be useful in the future. What sort of name would the driver have? to give me a clue to what to look for. Thank you Norm for your help so far. :biggrin:

I have come up with a strategy to solve the problem. Both sendees will be back at work on Tuesday, and I will e-mail them then. Not everything can be done immediately, when I am not sure what I am doing, especially as it is a "favour" to both of them.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's generally not that easy doing what you asked Speicher. Phone sync software was generally pretty clunky in the past.

Generally getting the drivers on or the dedicated software or taking out the SD/micro/mini SD and transferring onto that is the way to go.

What phone have you got? It may unfortunately not have mini SD etc and might not have much free internal memory for camera photos.

on the road

Über Member
Does the phone have bluetooth? If it does then you can buy a bluetooth connector for buttons and stick it in a USB port.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Sorry about the delay in replying. It is a Motorola V3, and it has bluetooth.

I have found the page in the manual that explains how to send information using Bluetooth. So I will try that. I am not sure why one person's phone will not accept photos. As it happens I think they will need to see the photos clearly, as taken by camera and viewed on a computer rather than on a phone. I am puzzled why there is a lead for the phone to link to my computer, and then the computer not recognise the phone.

It is probably me, not being ever so computer literate, who is pressing the wrong buttons. :stop: Thank you all for your help so far, trying to explain to me what to do.

Norm

Speicher said:
I am puzzled why there is a lead for the phone to link to my computer, and then the computer not recognise the phone.
Sorry, I didn't explain it well earlier. The "drivers" are computer programs which allow different bits of hardware (like a phone and a computer) to communicate.

You could see them as language translators for stuff to go between the phone software (which is designed to make phone calls) and the computer software (which is designed to count very quickly).

They are specific to hardware, so the drivers for a Motorola V3 won't work for another phone or, in your case, the drivers for your camera are no use for letting your computer talk to your phone.

Norm

Speicher said:
I am puzzled why there is a lead for the phone to link to my computer, and then the computer not recognise the phone.
Sorry, I didn't explain it well earlier. The "drivers" are computer programs which allow different bits of hardware (like a phone and a computer).

You could see them as language translators for stuff to go between the phone software (which is designed to make phone calls) and the computer software (which is designed to count very quickly).

They are specific to hardware, so the drivers for a Motorola V3 won't work for another phone or, in your case, the drivers for your camera are no use for letting your computer talk to your phone.

HTH.:stop:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Norm said:
Sorry, I didn't explain it well earlier. The "drivers" are computer programs which allow different bits of hardware (like a phone and a computer) to communicate.

hmm I thought the computer told me that it had detected a new piece of hardware and named the phone. I think it is me, not being technically minded. Thanks for your help.

Norm

Speicher said:
hmm I thought the computer told me that it had detected a new piece of hardware and named the phone.
Destruction testing my language analogy, I can recognise when someone says "¿Hablas español?" that they are speaking Spanish. I cannot communicate with them in Spanish but I know where they are from.

Your computer has figured out what country the phone comes from, but it's not able to discuss the intricacies of the real estate boom and bust cycle and the impact on the national economy when they go out for dinner. :laugh:

See, that's a destroyed analogy. :stop: :biggrin:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Under normal :smile: circumstances*, both people would be at their computer today. Long story short they will receive the photos on Tuesday, which will be ok in the circumstances.

I am admitting defeat on this issue. It is to be noted that I am the sort of person who has deleted the predictive text on their phone. :biggrin::smile:

I like your analogy. Just because the computer has recognised the phone, does not mean it is going to talk to it. :smile:

* Unless you have most of the morning to read about it, this is not the case due to a string of events commencing mid-December.

scots_lass

I can send photos by email from my phone to a PC. Can your phone handle email? Then you don't have to faff about with cables etc. It's sometimes quicker for me to send a few photos to myself by email then I can divie them up on my PC (as well as enhance them) before sending them onwards. You will need to set up an email account with your phone provider first but then it's fairly straightforward and much quicker in the long run.

Top Bottom