How do y'all get your suits to work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boris Bike

In my current job I just need a shirt and trousers. They can easily be rolled up in my 15L backpack.

In a couple of weeks I'm starting a new job where I have to wear a full suit. Is there a good way of getting a suit jacket to and from work without crunching it up, or should I try and leave all the jackets at work?

Strick

Thankfully I dont have to wear a suit, but I do have to wear a shirt and noose.
Does your new job have anywhere to allow you to leave them at work?
I tend to drive in Monday (or pop in over the weekend if we are this way with the car anyway), and drop off my weeks worth of clothing, supplies, etc. I then change at work at either end of the day, once something is ready to be taken home to be washed it doesnt matter if it gets more crumpled.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I leave two suits at work and just rotate them weekly, with visits to the dry cleaners when I remember.

The suits never leave the office.

I bring clean shirts/pants/socks in once a week

Edge705

I fold the shirts like they do in big retail shops so that they are square - I bought a couple of pairs of easy iron trousers from matalan and one suit jacket.

The shirst go in a black bag waterproofed which is strapped to the outside of the ruck sack (I have a deuter ruck sack which has a handy outside strapping area) I have servral hangers at work I hang the shirts up on the coat peg in our office I have invested in the more expensive non iron type shirts from Marks and Sparks around the 20 quid each marker but they last ages and dont crease easily. The trousers are easily rolled up if you buy the ones that do not crease easy - most do not nowadays - these last a week so I alternate between the two

I keep my shower stuff in my draw at work I leave the jacket at work all the times I dont have much cause to wear the Jacket but its there just in case.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Similar here.

Leave a jacket at work (I don't need one though) and the trousers go in/out once a week. Shirst just folded up with socks and grundiesevery day. Then in the pannier. Leave shoes at work also.

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
I just started subversively dressing down. In the spring, when I still drove to work a few days, I'd bring in clothes for the other days. But as summer came in I was cycling every day. Now I'm in some half decent trousers, a t-shirt, and some kind of sport top.

I must be getting away with it though becuase the other day HR lady was leading around some of our American Exec's and I got introduced as "one of our cyclists".

Trousers, Shoes & Ties stay at the office. Use 2 pairs of trousers that have the odd trip to the dry cleaners near work.

Underwear, socks & shirt carried in seat pack daily along with lunch.

Shirt is folded and then rolled round u/wear & socks before going in plastic bag and then in seat pack. There is minor creasing, but nothing compared to sitting in a car for an hour would do to it.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Similar here.

Leave a jacket at work (I don't need one though) and the trousers go in/out once a week. Shirst just folded up with socks and grundiesevery day. Then in the pannier. Leave shoes at work also.
Same here, but rolled up (including trousers every day.). Also leave a spare pair of socks and grundies at work in case I forget them (which I sometimes do).

Buddfox

Veteran
Three jackets, two ties and two pairs of shoes in the office, and I pack a pair of trousers, pants, socks and a shirt neatly in my rucksack. I keep one full suit at home for days I'm not cycling to the office but going direct to a client.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Suit and shoes at work, other items brought in once a week or so. Having quite a large private office I am a little spoiled. I have a travel iron which worrks very well on top of one of my bookcases with a towel covering top.

400bhp

Guru
Luckily I don't wear a full suit.

I have a locker at work that contains all shirts for a week or more, plus duds/socks/spare rain jacket/overshoes/towell/trousers/toiletries/shoes.

I also leave a coat at work.

I usually bring in a change of shirts etc one day a week when I'm not cycling.

If I had to wear a suit then the jacket would stay at work (on the back of my chair or on a coat hangar).

OP
OP
Boris Bike

Boris Bike

Cheers all. I'll check out the new place for where I can leave clothes there. I also use emergency underwear - got mine on today infact!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think my only clothing failure was shoes - shirt/tie, dark trousers, and some loud red and black MTB shoes !

I'm lucky to be in my own office.

For drying, if in an open plan, then you could try and hang stuff under the desk to air and use a fan to dry. I'll be having to base myself at another site a couple of days a week, in an open plan office, so will need to sort something out as it will be a 'hot desk'.

In about 3-4 years we will be relocating to a new build, which should have full shower and drying facilities. Down side is the office will be open plan and I'll be near the bosses, so no kit hanging about, and the poor bike will have to sit in the bike shed, rather than in a warm office ! :biggrin:

Top Bottom