How fast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeoffCapes

Here's one for those who try to out do everyone else.

I've just got a computer for my bike and in a ride at the weekend I got up to 43.8mph (yes it was down a hill).

So what's the fastest you've been on your bike?

abo

26.6 mph, yesterday, on my first ride out. Managed 23.5 today on a different route. That 23.5 did allow me to keep pace with a bus though :tongue:

corshamjim

My fastest last weekend was 32.4mph. I think the fastest I've ever noticed was 35. I'm really wimpy when it comes to downhills though - corners, gravel, bumps and just about anything scare me in to slowing down.

MLC

Here's one for those who try to out do everyone else.

I've just got a computer for my bike and in a ride at the weekend I got up to 43.8mph (yes it was down a hill).

So what's the fastest you've been on your bike?

39.9 mph downhill for some reason I can't get over 40mph.

Then again I live in South East Essex so not many long descents to work up to real speeds and all the hills I find always seem to go up rather than down anyway !

EDIT: Spelling South should in fact read Sarf

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Discussed before here.. some impressive speeds

Max for me was 48.4mph down Devils Dyke Brighton trailing ILB's
Managed 40mph at the weekend.

joebingo

Über Member
I went out and got caught in some heavy snow about 30 miles from home last february, pedalled hard on the journey back (on flats, uphills AND downhills) to get it over and done with and not catch hypothermia. I remember there being one downhill point where I had to put a hand up in front of me to stop the snow from hurting my face.

Got home and checked the computer and understood why it hurt so much... 45 mph :whistle:. Most definitely won't be doing that again in a hurry.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
29.4 - the hill wasn't long enough for me to get it up over 30!!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Around 50 mph I start to lose confidence, but I did hit 49.1 on Monday coming down from The Brickworks to Kettleshulme in the Peak District.

Discussed before here.. some impressive speeds

Max for me was 48.4mph down Devils Dyke Brighton trailing ILB's
Managed 40mph at the weekend.

Yip its been discussed a few times and some folks hit scary speeds, nigh on terminal velocity ;-)

I'll be in that thread somewhere too my top speed was 47.6mph down the String Road in Arran. My fastest of late was 44.4mph, last year somewhere in the Lammermuirs on route to Berwick.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
<BR>Around 50 mph I start to lose confidence, but I did hit 49.1 on Monday coming down from The Brickworks to Kettleshulme in the Peak District.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Left at top of Brickworks, down and round the sharp right hander - nuts I tell ye <BR><BR>60mph my top in North Wales. 55 can be done on Woodhead - 50 easily on Chunal <BR><BR>Every training ride I hit 40-42mph down Otterspool near Marple - it's only 8 % but you can let fly once past the 'side roads' - only issue is the speed limit - it's 40 so you get held up by cars. Only half a mile long.

fimm

Veteran
My boyfriend claims 100km/h = 60 mph down some road in Austria... he was a teenager at the time... I don't know what my max is.

Top Bottom