Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 15-30 minutes

• 30min - 1 hour

• More than 1 hour

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I was wondering how long you spent on the last bike you test rode before buying (or not). Mine was probably only 10 minutes max.:smile:

Is there a norm?

Maz said:
I was wondering how long you spent on the last bike you test rode. Mine was probably only 10 minutes max.:smile:

Is there a norm?

Cheers Maz! :smile:

longers

Legendary Member
My last test ride was non-existent, I didn't even ask for one :smile:. I was willing to change what wasn't right in regards to equipment etc, the frame was the right size and I was hungover (post work X-mas do - the legendary one) and wanted to go home to bed.

I got lucky. I wouldn't recommend this at all.

My penultimate test ride was 10 minutes round a car park on an MTB :smile:

S'crazy innit - how are you supposed to know how you'll feel after 20 miles in 10 minutes?

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
longers said:
S'crazy innit - how are you supposed to know how you'll feel after 20 miles in 10 minutes?
I make that 120mph. Must be a record. :smile:

Bigtallfatbloke

At 6' 4" tall all the LBSs I visit think I am some kind of freakshow ...I ned a larger frame size and because they seem to only cater for the median profile they dont buy in the larger frames...so I never gett he chance to test ride a bike unless I buy it first...I call this 'Biggism'

The last MTB I test road I had it for the day. I went and did the red and black run in the hills near me and all it cost me was a fiver. I had one of the best days riding I ever had and I just gave the bike back in the morning.:smile:

I think they have got wise to it now, but now I know them all so I can have any bike I wish for days:biggrin::biggrin:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I test-rode, from memory, seven bikes. Most of them for just 1 mile each, then the last one for about an hour.

Ben

shimano

I handed over my passport and was told to take as long as I liked - the sales guy pointed out a quiet road to get aquainted with the bike and after that I was pretty much free to do what I wanted - I bought it so that says something :?:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
My last bike was a custom build with an off the peg frame - so the test ride was my ride home...and then back to the shop to swap the stem and the crankset.

The bike before that was bought after a 5 minute ride around Waterloo, not really enough time...

asterix

Comrade Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
At 6' 4" tall all the LBSs I visit think I am some kind of freakshow ...I ned a larger frame size and because they seem to only cater for the median profile they dont buy in the larger frames...so I never gett he chance to test ride a bike unless I buy it first...I call this 'Biggism'

It's tall but not very unusual. That guy in Dragons Den is 6'7" and a chap I went sailing with was 6'9". Try buying in Holland - they're all over 183cm there.

Anyway, you claimed to be 'fat' and we know that's tosh after you posted the photos.

Top Bottom