How many bikes do you have and which one is your favourite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Eight working bikes and maybe a dozen frames.
Don’t have a favourite. They’re all good at their thing. Wouldn’t it hurt their feelings to hear that I cared for one over the rest?

fatjel

Veteran
9 that are rideable listed in order of how often they are ridden as I love them all
Spa Cycles steel audax (steel, 105 8.5 kg)
Specialized Hardrock
Specialized Roubaix (carbon, ultegra di2 8.5 kg)
Planet X Kaffenback
Giant defy ( Ali , Sora 8.5 kg)
Bechetta Giro
Dolan Pre Cursa
Raleigh with electric motor
Unknown brand red three speed thing

Last edited:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
89FoFWP.jpg

My favourite is the one in front, a custom built Enigma Esprit, even though it’s been naughty and had to be repaired by the boys in Hailsham.

Next in line in the pic, though not necessarily my affections, is an old Litsespeed Blue Ridge. Prone to mysterious noises which come and go. The nice long

Mzy027r.jpg

bars feel extra stable when it’s extra windy.

Then we have the Langster, which is primarily a winter / wet weather bike

Finally comes the Dahon Presto Lite. It’s just for the city, and brilliant for the purpose.

They’re all singlespeed, though the Litespeed & Dahon didn’t start out that way.

2 bikes: an old full suspension Decathlon mountain bike and a Powacycle ebike.
The mountain bike is light and comfortable, but the ebike with 2 big panniers is ever so convenient for local trips and shopping.
One day, if I have some spare cash, I will sell both and buy a more upmarket ebike with longer range capability.

Alba Zeus

Über Member
I have 3 on the go at the moment.

Boardman CX comp
Forme axe edge pro (Currently attached to the turbo for winter)
B'Twin Alur 700

Boardman was bought on C2W scheme but its actually a cracking bit albeit fairly heavy.
Forme is my go to road bike
B'Twin I bought for no other reason than when I started cycling I started on a triban. I remember being in Decathlon and seeing the Alur but no way I was affording that back then so have always wanted one. Thankfully circumstances have changed these days so was able to purchase one on a whim one day and to be honest only been out on it once.

dodgy

Rose Carbon - Ultegra Di2 (2012)
Genesis Day One - Alfine (Discs) full mudguards.
Giant Propel Advanced - Ultegra mechanical (Discs)
Tripster ATR - 105, ti frame & full proper mudguards (Discs)
Gocycle GX (Folding ebike) (Discs)

The bike I do the most miles on is the Tripster, because it's just so versatile, one of my favourite bikes ever.
The Giant hasn't been used much, it's 3 years old but I've had a series of injuries the last few years that has curtailed long rides, then we had lockdown.
The Rose is the bike I take on holiday as it's light, easy to pack down.
The Day One Alfine has literally barely ever been used <check notes> it's only done 863 miles in about 8 years, that's just a symptom of having more bikes than I need I suppose. We're moving house soon, might put it up for sale as I need the space. Would make a great commuter and it rides so well, one of the most comfortable bikes ever.
The Gocycle? Well that was a bit of a mad thing to buy, but it was a reward for something I won't go into detail on. It's an absolute hoot to ride, turns heads (if you care about such things) and you can take it anywhere. I have had it in buses, taxis, trains, pushed it around supermarkets. It's great.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
1. Trek 720 Trekking (Winter Bike)
I bought this on Gumtree 2nd hand for £150 in good condition. I have really come to appreciate the quality of the components over time. The indexing on the gears is bang-on and has never given problems. It is a fantastic bike. Everything just feels really solid. I really understand what people mean by BSO now.

2. BTwin Triban 3 (Summer Bike)
Until I got the Trek this was my main bike and my favourite but it does not really cope with the bad weather or panniers. It was even stolen but I spotted the thief and grabbed it off him. I put a white charge spoon saddle on it which is great but has the downside that it makes the bike look more attractive (to thieves).

3. (Amazon) Vittesse Sprint (Pub bike)
I've modified this bike to death. It originally had racing bars but now has straight bars. I've replace the wheels and the handlebar (and the drivetrain multiple times). It is the bike I really learned bike mechanics on so it has a lot of sentimental value.

Mens-Trek-720-Hybrid-Trekking-bike.jpg

366f0bc7bd1d4bf414073cabbadfdfcd-large.jpg

Last edited:

pjd57

Veteran

The hybrid ,CX, Dolan road bike

A real second hand bargain.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
1. Trek 720 Trekking (Winter Bike)
I bought this on Gumtree 2nd hand for £150 in good condition. I have really come to appreciate the quality of the components over time. The indexing on the gears is bang-on and has never given problems. It is a fantastic bike. Everything just feels really solid. I really understand what people mean by BSO now.
View attachment 572012

The Trek 720's are really good bikes. A mate of mine had one he picked up secondhand. I was rather envious of it. He didn't appreciate it at all and used to just run it into the ground. One night the silly fecker had a proper bad smash up on it after having way too much beer and trying to ride it home. :rolleyes: He had to leave it as it wasn't rideable, and it had bits robbed off it by the time he came back for it. He ended up with a horrid suspension Apollo MTB as a replacement, which then got nicked from outside an establishment he was drinking inside. He gets the bus now, has given up riding.

KatherineTate

I have one Blix but I am really tempted to get another. Really into the folding and cargo concepts and both are cheaper than a car.

Three bikes in total.
My absolute favourite is my Wiggins Rouen, followed by a Cannondale trail 7 and then my hack bike which I really want to do up but to strip it down to frame and replace all components is really uneconomical.

Top Bottom