How Many Bikes is too Many?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Yesterday I bounded into the house clutching a battered old 60s frame and said to Mrs 3BM "what do you think of this beauty then?"

Mrs 3BM shrugged her shoulders and gave me that what-do-you-want-me-to-say look!
Added to it this morning by saying "oohh look at the lovely frame"

There's a hidden clue in my name as to the number of bikes I have and personally I see no limit to bike quantity ownership (contrary to Mrs 3BM)

I realise you can only ride one at a time but it's not as though it's a Beckham quantity of Ferrari's is it! Isn't it?....

So, how many is too many as far as you're concerned?

You can never have too many bikes

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Isn't that you now FourBikesMcGinty then ? Or will that only happen when the frame acquires wheels, stem, bars, pedals, chainset, gears etc etc and can then be classed as a bike ? ;)

J4CKO

You need,

A really nice carbon road bike, just to look at

Commuter
Hack
Downhill MTB
XC MTB
An old racer bought off Ebay for ano apparent reason
Your old MTB, not worth selling but cant bear to give it away
Tourer
Audax

etc

I have 2, down from 3

If your wife moans, like mine when I say I am buying a bike "But you already have one", say the same when she simply must have that pair of shoes.

Twiggy

When you have more bikes than you ride.

Like shoes, or clothes, when you stop using/wearing one set, you have one set too many.

spandex said:
You can never have too many bikes

Myself, Mckle and Spandex have access to hundreds of bikes betwen our two organistions - you'd find it difficult to think of something we haven't got between us - but you alaways want another one:wacko:

Actually, you'd better at Wobbly John to the list because NOBODY else is silly enough to have a collection like him;)

Hilldodger said:
Myself, Mckle and Spandex have access to hundreds of bikes betwen our two organistions - you'd find it difficult to think of something we haven't got between us - but you alaways want another one:wacko:

Actually, you'd better at Wobbly John to the list because NOBODY else is silly enough to have a collection like him;)

And we are getting 20 more in a week or so :evil:

Top Bottom