How many.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
20, assuming you mean days, not individual rides - otherwise you're ending up away from home...

Actually, it might be 21, if my other boss wants to work New Year's Eve, it hadn't occured to me.... I doubt it somehow. I'm assuming he's ok with me nt being in on Christmas eve, otherwise my travel plans are buggered. Better check!

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Yes I mean days.

Im off new years eve as that's the way my restday pattern is this year but I can't actually remember the last time I had Christmas Eve off*,not that I really care.

*Actually since 2003 the only Christmas Eve I have had off was in 2005.

Plax

Guru
18 days left. It would be 20 but I have 2 days annual leave when we are going down to Cardiff for a long weekend.

jimboalee

hackbike 666 said:
commutes left in 2009?

I have the magic number of.....21 inc Christmas Eve :laugh:.

It was 22 before today.

I can only assume you are not intending to be killed by a truck before Christmas.

Pride comes before a fall. (British & Australian) also Pride goes before a fall. (American)
Something that you say which means if you are too confident about yourself, something bad will happen to show you that you are not as good as you think you are.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

jimboalee said:
I can only assume you are not intending to be killed by a truck before Christmas.

Pride comes before a fall. (British & Australian) also Pride goes before a fall. (American)
Something that you say which means if you are too confident about yourself, something bad will happen to show you that you are not as good as you think you are.

Eh?

Arch

Married to Night Train
jimboalee said:

Well, how nice. Talk about a doom monger. Any of us might be killed tomorrow for that matter. I don't think Hackers was showing any undue confidence or pride, just counting the days to Christmas.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

I try not to think about it.Im actually trying to get the record of no p*nct*r*s in 2009 (first time ever in 30 yeasr) and would be thrilled if I got it (21 commutes to go),but alas I almost got to 10000 miles on Supegalaxy 1996 (I was 400 miles short) and then three teenaged peds decided to run in front of me in Walthamstow in Feb 2006.

Arch said:
Well, how nice. Talk about a doom monger. Any of us might be killed tomorrow for that matter. I don't think Hackers was showing any undue confidence or pride, just counting the days to Christmas.

Thanks.No I wasn't being cocky I was just being positive.

Obviously I must have come over wrongly again.

Just fitted a 12v horn tonight on the Dawes Audax Supreme 2007.Should liven up my commutes a bit.
The 2006 Dawes Audax has 2x 6v horns.

Plax

Guru
ianrauk said:
14 days commuting left for me, then we shut down for 2 weeks. Back to work on 4th Jan.

The company I work for was supposed to shut down over Christmas and forced everyone to take leave (or unpaid leave if you didn't have any holidays left) for the working days in between Christmas and New Year. Last week they changed their mind (Corporate politics) and now one or two person from key departments have to come in over those days. To say people are a bit p*ssed off is an understatement. Lots of people have made alternative arrangements to go away etc and because my family lives locally I'm the key person who has been "volunteered" to come in and work from my department. I'm not amused. Extremely poor management on the companies side.

potsy

Rambler
Plax said:
The company I work for was supposed to shut down over Christmas and forced everyone to take leave (or unpaid leave if you didn't have any holidays left) for the working days in between Christmas and New Year. Last week they changed their mind (Corporate politics) and now one or two person from key departments have to come in over those days. To say people are a bit p*ssed off is an understatement. Lots of people have made alternative arrangements to go away etc and because my family lives locally I'm the key person who has been "volunteered" to come in and work from my department. I'm not amused. Extremely poor management on the companies side.
Bad news Plax,we are the opposite told we would have to work,then few weeks ago told shutdown in place,trouble is we have used up our holidays so have to take it un-paid:sad: or take from next years allowance.

Top Bottom