How much would you pay....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I went down to the station on Saturday to book a ticket to my sister's. When asked if I had a seat preference, I said "Window if possible", and my companion quipped "In the cab".

Imagine if there was one cab seat ticket for sale on every train!

TVC

You mean like this?

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/datex.aspx

Mrs VC did the bronze and loved every minute of it.... So when your mum asks what you want for your birthday.....

gavintc

Guru
A number of years ago, just before 9/11, I was at the boarding gate in Winnipeg as a standby for the next flight to Edmonton. The young woman at the desk informed me I was out of luck and would not be flying that day. Simultaneously, the pilot came past. he had heard the exchange and offered me a flight deck seat. It was amazing, and an experience few get. I was able to discuss with him how he navigated across such a featureless terrain and to watch at close hand how he took off and landed. It made the 3 hours (I think) pass so quickly. What a blast.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
You mean like this?

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/datex.aspx

Mrs VC did the bronze and loved every minute of it.... So when your mum asks what you want for your birthday.....

Sort of, but without the stress of doing any actual driving! Just a comfy forward facing seat with the best view on the whole train.

Of course, now I have my new little laptop, I'd probably look out of the window for half an hour, and spend the rest of the time on here...

I have quite an extended capacity to look out of the window on trains - 4.5 hours to my sister's, just my MP3 player and the view.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Sort of, but without the stress of doing any actual driving! Just a comfy forward facing seat with the best view on the whole train.

Of course, now I have my new little laptop, I'd probably look out of the window for half an hour, and spend the rest of the time on here...

I have quite an extended capacity to look out of the window on trains - 4.5 hours to my sister's, just my MP3 player and the view.

There used to be an observation car (glass all the way round) on the trip from Glasgow to Mallaig (I think it was). They put that at the back of the train for paying customers. Does it still run I wonder?

Top Bottom