How much?????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wintonbina

Über Member
'They must have more money than sense!' I cannot believe how much they are charging for this: www.rideacrossbritain.com.:rolleyes:

I charged the guys on our ride £300 each(and to raise as much as they could for the foundation) and we didn't lose out on costs (we got the back up vans donated) so that covered accomodation & fuel.

Do it yourselves guys it's more satisfying trying to collate it all!!! Honestly :rolleyes: Tony

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I looked at this last year and my eyes also watered at the price.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yeah, sneer all you like, but these selfless people provide powerful hot showers, not just any hot showers. Not satisfied with that they also provide loos as well :biggrin:

Title sponsors, Deloitte, complete bankers.

Rebel Ian

So they have managed to enlist a dozen or more sponsors and still can't do it for less than "only" £1740 :ohmy: . Someone is making a lot of profit out of that!! We did LEJoG on a fraction of that staying in some nice accommodation.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's essentially a nine-day sportive (signed routes, sag wagon, technical support, timing), plus training advice in advance, plus support cyclists, plus all food and accommodation and baggage transfer. It's not my idea of a good time, but it's similar in price to many all-inclusive holidays.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
It's essentially a nine-day sportive (signed routes, sag wagon, technical support, timing), plus training advice in advance, plus support cyclists, plus all food and accommodation and baggage transfer. It's not my idea of a good time, but it's similar in price to many all-inclusive holidays.

Don't forget the slatherings of flattery from the support staff to which a healthy tip is the correct response.

OP
OP
wintonbina

wintonbina

Über Member
Its exactly what we supplied for our ride/climb :becool: but I stopped at supplying free beer!:thumbsup:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I spent less than that per day on a weekend cycling, travelling on Eurostar and staying in Champagne.
And getting completely spannered each night.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I love it how the presence of a loo becomes a selling point...:laugh:
it's the thing I get most complaints about. There's not a vast amount one can do about the absence of public toilets on night rides, but we did pay for local authorities to open up toilets for the charity ride, and we did hire portaloos for the start

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i did it on me own got a mate to drop me off then pick me up with my van fuel 250 pub diners camping eek how much b&b eek seemed to be slumming but still spent a tolal £ 700, so next time its eith stealth camping or luxury for me and they have to make a profit too so its not so much really

Norm

A couple of friends (neither bankers) did it last year, and they both loved it. However, I can see that riding a LEJoG in that sort of large and organised group would be a very different experience to the sort of thing that Rebel Ian and others managed.

However, I don't think different means, necessarily, better or worse, just different. Some will prefer it, some will hate it.

Top Bottom