How Much !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Prices are out for the new Campag EPS.....

£3,800 for Super Record and £3,100 for Record. - Christ !

That's nearly £2k on top of Mechanical Super Record ! :wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey.. oh well if you have the dosh to spare I am sure it's a nice piece of blingy kit.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh and Sram has launched the new RED - even lighter (150g off). Chainset looks a million times nicer, it's also much stiffer and the front mech has been completely re-designed (no chain rub) and the RRP is £1800 or less (probably much less seeing how the current prices for RED are) !

iLB

Hello there
Campy is looking more and more like become a niche market, down to only 4 or 5 teams in the pro peloton this year I think. Prices have to go accordingly as they sell far less kit.

ASC1951

Guru
It will be like anything Campag make, unreliable and, as usual, overpriced
User error? ;)

I've ridden Campag kit for 30 years and it has always worked well. As to price, there is very little between it and comparable quality from other makers; and unlike Shimano, it isn't 50% grey plastic which flies to bits as soon as you bump it.

User error? ;)

I've ridden Campag kit for 30 years and it has always worked well. As to price, there is very little between it and comparable quality from other makers; and unlike Shimano, it isn't 50% grey plastic which flies to bits as soon as you bump it.
you mean it has to 'ShiMoTFU'? :smile:
I have both. Sram have less moving parts than the other two (I think that's what I was told centuries ago at some trade show introducing SRAM) and if they, SRAM, are innovative, will arrive at something less bulky than the battery packs I have seen. I always thought a nice circular 'pack' that would sit in the bottom of a bottle cage would be 'way to go' but hey - I have no idea.
Get Di2 if you want to be a topcat on the roads.;)

Yes, I thought it was going to be pricey, when some time ago Campag announced their upcoming two electrical gear set. The stated one (I forget the name) would be priced similarly to DuraAce Di2, but all they would say about the Super Record was that it would be "considerably more"!

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
User error? ;)

I've never had that problem with Shimano.

Top Bottom