how old is your collection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i currentley have 2 early to mid 1960's bikes in my collection , one being my current dry weather commuter its a 1963 Pat Rohan racer that is about 90% original and great to ride , the 2nd one is a 1965 Carlton ???????? as came to me with just head badge and no decals , this should be back this week from lbs after refit and repaint and then needs finishing off and riding .

i also have an unknow model and age Phillips togglechain bike that i think started off as a town bike but came to me as a frame set , my lbs assembled it back and i finished it off with a set of drops and an elderly rolls turbo saddle , this has been my previous daily commuter now resigned to wet weather use only till some gaurds go on the above Rohan .

next week should see the arrival of a mid 70's Peugoet rally 2 that should take over the duties of the Phillips once given a clean health bill .

also lurking in the garage is 1980's Carlton Courier that is in mint original condition along with a JC Cylces of Coventry frame set that has just arrived so unsure of exact future that holds .

so no modern bikes here apart from the family tandem and step sons columbus tubed ride to the gym bike .

one day must go mad and try a carbon bike

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i have one bike which is from 1951 and pretty much complete, with only a few later bits. i have a '58 carlton frame built up with an assortment of later kit. one bike is a mystery (poss '70s) frame built up with modern components, and the other two bikes were bought this century from new.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
my oldest bike is a Columbus SLX NEW track from 1990 and was used for many years as a hack bike and thrown about and not looked after. I only recently discovered it's worth has gone up in price for some unknown reason so treat it with more respect

Its running it's original track stem/bars/seatpost in Cinelli

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
as requested 1 picture of Pat Rohan so about pic but best i have till i take some more
see this link for a few more and some of another frameset

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...id=BED2130AD9F4055C!1360&authkey=sOHkB8FeMQA$

pat.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
My oldest bike is a 1939 Elswick gents roadster. Here it is with my other 1944 Elswick. Both more or less completely original. The lights and dynamo on the 1939 bike are clearly later additions. I replaced the tyres, freewheel and chain on both as I wanted to lower the gearing.

5406661061_71fc59006e.jpg
Elswick Roadster by braveheart1979, on Flickr

The 1939 bike is surprisingly nice to ride and feels a lot lighter and more responsive than it should do. The 1944 is nowhere near as nice to ride. Don't understand why.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Not actually that old but hoping they will be appreciated as "classics" some time in the future. I have a 2010 Colnago Master in Serroni red, Campag throughout and mavic open pro's. My recent addition which was very kindly given to me last week is a Titanium Colnago CT1, again, Campag throughout.

Top Bottom