How old is your cycle computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of mine is quite new but the other is, I think, now getting on for 20 years old. I had lost it for a bit and was just about to buy a replacement but yay, it turned up in the bottom of a pannier I haven't used for a while.

So new battery and back on the mtn bike it goes. I think it's been on 3 different bikes so far.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Recent (June, I think) for me. Converted to Garmin this Summer :tongue:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
3 months, i've had another for 5 years. stats on it are...
Max speed: 75.9 mph
Distance: 6446.7 miles
average speed: 59.7mph

i think it might be broken

OP
OP
C

Crackle

gaz said:
3 months, i've had another for 5 years. stats on it are...
Max speed: 75.9 mph
Distance: 6446.7 miles
average speed: 59.7mph

i think it might be broken

Are you sure you've taken the front covering off with the dummy numbers on :tongue:

I think my Raleigh Echo is 8 year old, its seen good service on different bikes, currently its its on my commuter. Its a wireless and I haven't suffered the interference that other folk have suggested they've had; the worst I've had is, its stopped recording for a bit (usually a sign of flat batteries)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ones a year and half, another just over a year.
One doesnt work(stretched the cable one time by twisitng the mount on the aero bars the wrong way, so now that one doesnt sensor so i just use it as a clock until i can afford a new sensor kit)
The other works fine.
Both Sigma BC906

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I checked last night. It's 17 years old, a Cateye Vectra cc-7000 and it doesn't like heavy rain, tends to stop in protest.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Had a Lidl £2.99 one on my trike when I bought it. It lasted 10,000 miles but kept jumping off at the end. On the CycleChat London to Southend ride a few weeks ago it jumped off several times over potholes and had to be rescued - in the end we cable-tied it to the bike so I couldn't read it but at least it was still attached. I have now treated myself to a new one, not a Lidl one this time, as they are useful. I have a Garmin too but like the cycle computer as a backup as the Garmin occasionally switches itself off and tends to run out of battery if I'm doing 100 miles.

Auntie Helen said:
I have a Garmin too but like the cycle computer as a backup as the Garmin occasionally switches itself off and tends to run out of battery if I'm doing 100 miles.
AH,

My garmin tended to switch off too and got worse so I phoned them a few weeks back and despite it being circa 18 months old they said they'd replace it under warranty, I had back within a week :biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
HLaB said:
AH,

My garmin tended to switch off too and got worse so I phoned them a few weeks back and despite it being circa 18 months old they said they'd replace it under warranty, I had back within a week :biggrin:
Thing is, I bought mine second hand (from Stevevw of this forum) so don't really have any paperwork.

If I hit a bumpy batch of road I tend to take the Garmin off the mount and stuff it in my pocket - it's usually OK then.

Top Bottom