How proud can you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kit-small-wheels

I'm known for going on a bit about my daughter Anita, who's an ATC Sergeant in the RAF. I've always said that she's amazingly good at what she does, having seen her in action many times in Towers and threshold caravans on various RAF stations. Well today she proved it!

Every year Vosper-Thorneycroft present a trophy to the RAF Air Traffic Controller who's best at their job, voted by their user squadrons, Senior ATC Officers and Station Commanders.

Well this year ANITA WON IT!!!!!!!!!

I am so chuffed it's not true!
grin.gif
cheesy.gif

PaulB

Legendary Member
They say pride goes before a fall. Not in the dictionary it doesn't! Congrats to her and you take great pleasure in being proud; you both deserve it.

Roger and out! (Sorry, I couldn't think of a neater way of putting it...)

Well done her - someone has to look after the fly-by-nights and, for someone who lives very close to lots of big planes landing and taking off - I think the whole business of flying is formidable.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
ATCs have always ranked very high in my estimation - not far short of bomb disposal types. I cannot imagine the kind of pressure you have to withstand, or the levels of concentration you have to maintain, or the responsibility you have to live with every day of your working life.

To be 'the best' at something like that is a stonking achievement. No wonder you're chuffed!

Mr Pig

[quote name='swee'pea99']ATCs have always ranked very high in my estimation - not far short of bomb disposal types.[/quote]

I agree. Must have balls of steel, or maybe not in her case ;0) Well done.

Although there's not much traffic at an RAF air base is there, I mean it's not like Heathrow or anything? ;0)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
kit-small-wheels said:
I'm known for going on a bit about my daughter Anita, who's an ATC Sergeant in the RAF. I've always said that she's amazingly good at what she does, having seen her in action many times in Towers and threshold caravans on various RAF stations.
:biggrin: :smile: Seems you were right all along :sad:

Congrats to Anita :laugh:

OP
OP
K

kit-small-wheels

Mr Pig said:
I agree. Must have balls of steel, or maybe not in her case ;0) Well done.

Although there's not much traffic at an RAF air base is there, I mean it's not like Heathrow or anything? ;0)

You'd be surprised I expect.

Many RAF flights on UK stations are training flights and they come and go with some great rapidity, especially at stations where a major type conversion squadron is based. Lossiemouth near Inverness hosts XV Squadron (always 'XV', never 15....) which is the conversion training unit for the Tornado and the largest squadron in the RAF. When Anita was there I spent quite a few days with her in the threshold caravan, and there was rarely a moment when there wasn't an aircraft in the circuit during the who whole day.

Thanks for your congrats people, I just had to share it all with the world in general. :ohmy::smile:

Mr Pig

kit-small-wheels said:
You'd be surprised I expect.

I'm just winding you up dude :0) I really do think that it would be an incredibly demanding job, not one I could even think about doing. How people can keep up that level of concentration and professionalism for so long I don't know. I'd crash all the planes! ;0)

Top Bottom