how the hell...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You get on and ride it the same as over bikes!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ilovebikes said:
wot about when u want to stop?

Use front brake and leg brake. The pedals naturally come around so you resist them on the up and pull slightly on the down.
Basicly how it works is just like when you put something on the hub and spin the wheel. The thing on the hub will go around with the wheel.
The sprocket is on the hug with no freewheel there, so as the wheel turns it turns the chain, which turns the chainring and so your legs.
Its pretty simple really

Joe24

spandex said:
hop the back wheel and then skid it I am told I could never get the hang of it. But I have seen some bunny hop up and down kerbs on them and all most stop on a six pence ????

I can do that:thumbsup:
Its pretty easy to get the back wheel up, you just have to time it right. I learnt how to do it on a dirty/gravel road. As i went along i kept flicking the back wheel up.
For bunny hops i have only done a few, i had to stop pedling and time it all right. Took alot of thinking to get it right. I can get the back wheel up, then the front wheel, but both together while peddling:wacko:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
only i saw an absolute beaut of a singlsspeed in a shop today and might have to beg for it for my birthday, its available in fixed and ss just wondering which to go for?

Joe24

ilovebikes said:
only i saw an absolute beaut of a singlsspeed in a shop today and might have to beg for it for my birthday, its available in fixed and ss just wondering which to go for?

Fixed all the way.
You have that added momentum there, and i personally think they are more fun to ride.

Tharg2007

Veteran
what did you see? it wasn't a langster was it ;)

kyuss

Veteran
ilovebikes said:

It's probably not two different versions of the bike. Most single speed bikes come with a hub that has a fixed sprocket on one side and a freewheel on the other. You just flip the wheel round to suit your needs/mood.

ilovebikes said:

Thank you for reminding me

I was in a new bike shop to day with the kids and they had two Kona Paddy Wagons in one the 07/08 and the over the 08/09 model but both where the same price? so I asked why there is two types and I was told it is a new thing Kona are doing for there new range?;) so I had a look round the shop and all of the 07/08 ranges they have are all at full price:ohmy:

So that got me thinking ;) I asked how much would they knock off the light gray one with the black rims (07/08) and was told they can not do a thing as it has just come in the last batch of 09 bikes. WTF:ohmy::ohmy:

Joe24

spandex said:
Thank you for reminding me

I was in a new bike shop to day with the kids and they had two Kona Paddy Wagons in one the 07/08 and the over the 08/09 model but both where the same price? so I asked why there is two types and I was told it is a new thing Kona are doing for there new range?;) so I had a look round the shop and all of the 07/08 ranges they have are all at full price:ohmy:

So that got me thinking ;) I asked how much would they knock off the light gray one with the black rims (07/08) and was told they can not do a thing as it has just come in the last batch of 09 bikes. WTF:ohmy::ohmy:

Dont you already have a Kona Paddy Wagon?;)

Joe24

spandex said:
I do but and it a 07/08 so I know what they look like and I have ridden the Kona rep's 08/09 one as well. The thing is why are they selling the old one at the new price?

Because they couldnt sell it, and they want someone to buy it without them loosing too much money.
I think the new one isnt that nice with those yellow rims.
Actually, is that the only thing they have changed? Just put some yellow rims on?:evil:
This paddy wagon is better
The On One Pompino would be the frame i would get if i was going to build up a fixed though, mainly for what Pompino means.:evil:

Top Bottom