How was your Sunday soaking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Membrane

Apart from the wind it was pretty nice here this morning (Dublin Ireland). Went out in just shorts and short sleeved jersey, no base layer. With a tailwind on the way out I ran out of top gears, I maxed out spinning at 110 rpm, 46km/h (low MTB style gearing). Hard work on the way back, it sure was blowing. Managed ~23kp/h going against the wind, fairly pleased with that. Passed a few guys on road bikes, the fact that they were wearing club gear made it extra rewarding.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I got very wet from the heavy rain. The wind was very strong. But i really enjoyed it.
When i got home, i got sent outside again to take my coat off so it wouldnt drip all on the floor.
And now, theres no rain and only a little wind.

Pete

Drizzling rather than soaking, and a bit of a SW-erly breeze but nothing too impeding - for me the back pain was giving me some stick today, made it a rather depressing spin of about 20 miles (don't know exact distance as my computer always packs it in in the rain). But I got a ride in, and that ought to be miles better than not getting a ride in.

If it was by any chance a group of folks from on here, fixing a 'fairy' attack near Lewes (Allington Lane), whom I just sailed past mumbling something - sorry for the rudeness, but I just wasn't in a conversational mood...

And to cap it all, on a long downhill at considerable speed, went slicing through what looked like a pile of horse turds. Well, no problem normally, except that there was a sizeable stone mixed up in the turds. All I could do, fighting the handlebar and going up on the verge, to avoid going down. My fault entirely, should have known better. Rim and tyre appear to be undamaged, but perhaps it would have been justice if I'd hit the tarmac hard and rough, would have stopped me boring you lot with my drivel...xx(

hambones

Windy and wet here too (for the most part). A real shambles too! It was a club ride - I rode 10 miles to the start. We headed west (further from home) and some way into the ride discovered one had planned a long ride out to Whipsnade and Ivanhoe!!!! There was considerable discontent, a series of phone calls to SO's informing them we would be late. One poor girl got so exhausted she had to get a cab back to Brookmans Park costing her £45 - that can't be right!

Eventually the group split and 3 of us worked as hard as we could to get us back.

On the plus side - ended up doing 80 miles (my longest ever ride) and felt really strong until maybe the last 3-4 miles.

xx(

Noodley

I'm waiting for it to get dark and to start raining. No fun going out in the light and sun when I can wait a few hours and have even more fun in the dark and the rain. xx(

ash68

count myself lucky then, lovely sunny day here:biggrin:. Been out for an 80 miler and almost got a suntan, sweat running of my forehead.Didn't see many other cyclists about, pity they missed a beautiful day.xx(

snorri

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
I'm waiting for it to get dark and to start raining. No fun going out in the light and sun when I can wait a few hours and have even more fun in the dark and the rain. :sad:

After a fine warm sunny day with little wind, it is now dark, raining, and windy.
Triple bonus further north Noodley.xx(:tongue:

3 hrs mtb ride in a howling gale and some rain here in the east midlands, but it turned into a reasonably nice day and the sun came out. Wind kept howling though. Yesterday was marginally better out on the road but could have done with less wind then too (testing out new Centaur CT chainset was lots of fun though).

frog

Pretty windy and light rain at 04:35 this morning. Rain lasted for about an hour and then petered out. Last half hour it started again so I got in just before it chucked it down xx(

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Back now. Scores out of 10.

Rain = 0, road surface was mildly moist.
Gales = 0, Wind = 0
Clear skies = 5
Full moon = 10

Excellent night out, few cars, few students, only 1 drunk encountered, only 1 car yelled-at.
Fab.

Mega-bowl of Cornflakes time for me!

longers

Legendary Member
I lay in bed listening to the rain hammering down at 6 this morning thinking "I hope it's stopped by the time I want to ride my bike".
I then remembered that I was in a different county to my bikes and went back to kip. xx(

Got up and went for a great walk with my Dad and all our dogs on a beautiful autumn day in North Lancs.:tongue: No rain and it would have been a good day for a ride, I saw loads of folk out and about and was a wee bit jealous.

Top Bottom