How windy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Jeez, I almost didn't get home!!!!!

Well, slightly exaggerated on the truth, but it was bleedin' windy on the home commute.

There's a hill I normally freewheel down at 22-25mph. Tonight I was struggling to pedal down it and only got 12mph for my efforts!

Anyone else got blown off on the way home?

potsy

Rambler
Struggled into work this morning due to the wind,thankfully mainly with me for the return.It's really picked up again here now,feel sorry for anyone out there tonight :tongue:
whistling.gif

Soltydog

Legendary Member
come for a ride over to mine CP, i'm sure it's much more windy right on the coast that it was inland. Cycled in yesterday & it was certainly interesting coming back up the tpt, but I think the wind is a tad stronger today

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Bring it on. I'm leaving shortly to travel North Westwards. Wind is coming from SE meaning it's bang on behind me. Breaking personal best tonight I think.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
For some strange reason i enjoyed the wind (and rain) today proberly because i was not one of the poor souls stuck in traffic jams now the school run is in full swing ! Loving the Boardman single speed as my commuter aswell,just great even on the uphill bits.

Matty

There is little more demoralising than pedalling hard down a hill you normally free-wheel down!

potsy

Rambler
For some strange reason i enjoyed the wind (and rain) today proberly because i was not one of the poor souls stuck in traffic jams now the school run is in full swing ! Loving the Boardman single speed as my commuter aswell,just great even on the uphill bits.

Weirdo
wave.gif

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
One of my regular commuters shot past me as I fought the wind, I just caught him yell "I could run faster!" as he flew past :biggrin:

L.E.D.

Really didn't notice the wind but it was raining really bad and got soaked to the skin, That said it could have been the most horrendous conditions imaginable and i would not have mind.

10am this morning some young gentleman was killed outside where i worked
sad.gif
it seems he got off a bus and walked around the thing to cross the road and walked straight into the path on a car.

It's when things like that happen you appreciate all aspects for life the good and the bad.

potsy

Rambler
Really didn't notice the wind but it was raining really bad and got soaked to the skin, That said it could have been the most horrendous conditions imaginable and i would not have mind.

10am this morning some young gentleman was killed outside where i worked
sad.gif
it seems he got off a bus and walked around the thing to cross the road and walked straight into the path on a car.

It's when things like that happen you appreciate all aspects for life the good and the bad.

Lady up here was killed in almost identical circumstances a week ago,right across the road from our house,sad indeed.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Yes, hard work coming back from W3 up to NW3. Constant wind in my face + a couple of lunatic close overtakes by the usual impatient motons. Why is it that people who drive those pseudo US-style pick up trucks are invariably morons?

Top Bottom