Hoy or Kenny for the Olympic Sprint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Kenny seems to have the measure of Hoy
Hoy seems to have the measure of Bauge
Bauge seems to have the measure of Kenny

Who would you choose for the Olympic sprint?

My choice would be Hoy as it would appear the way to beat Bauge is brute power, whereas Kenny seems more of a tactician....tough choice though.

Noodley

Kenny

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've never seen Baugé as rattled as he was during - or as physically wrecked after - the Kenny sprint. He looked beaten before Kenny strayed out of line the second time. That has to count as a significant achievement for Kenny.

OP
OP
davester65

davester65

I've never seen Baugé as rattled as he was during - or as physically wrecked after - the Kenny sprint. He looked beaten before Kenny strayed out of line the second time. That has to count as a significant achievement for Kenny.

i noticed that too.....maybe Kenny has a masterplan if he gets selected :thumbsup:

OP
OP
davester65

davester65

2 successive world finals, and he's faster than hoy.

agreed...that's the whole point of my thread though, i think much of the racing is psychological....and i think it's pretty much a given that Bauge will be in the mix......can Kenny beat Bauge?

Noodley

Not sure if Kenny can beat Bauge, but I dinnae think Hoy could either...Kenny is the best GB sprinter, so he should get the place.

ohnovino

Large Member
Crazy that it can't be both.

Peteaud

Veteran
Difficult one.

But by 0.00000000001% i would go for Hoy.

Only for the experience he has.

But i wouldnt want to make the choice.

If only Kenny hadnt gone over the line i would have loved to seen the 3rd race.

Paul_L

Über Member
Am i alone in thinking Kenny's tactic in race 2 of the final was a bit suicidal? Albeit hugely entertaining. Bauge would have passed Kenny had he stayed under the sprint line, and now he's done it once, Bauge will be on guard for it next time.

That said i'd still go with Kenny for the Olympic place, and let Hoy have the keirin.

Difficult selection (slight understatement!)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the whole thing devalues the olympic gold. bauge is a worthy champ having seen off, effectively, hoy, kenny, and his compatriot sireau. only two of those four will contest the olympics, and germany will face the same selection dilemma. many olympic medals have been devalued because so and so wasn't racing (like in '80 and '84 when the usa and russia refused to take part in each others' games), and given that there's no one in track cycling with the stature of usain bolt, it's a weakened field. in the keirin they may as well not bother with repecharge or minor finals; there'll be no buggers there…

Top Bottom