Hurrah! Europe votes to scrap daylight saving....

Slick

Guru
It will take another 5 years of debate to go through our parliamentary process, then we'll have a referendum that they'll ignore and then we'll go to permanent winter time. :okay:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
John Flack, the Conservative MEP for the East of England, said: “We’ve long been aware the EU wants too much control over our lives – now they want to control time itself.

“You would think they had other things to worry about without wanting to become time lords,” he said, in an apparent reference to the BBC sci-fi drama Doctor Who.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. This was voted on, wasn't it? Following consultation. Does Flack think it's Springtime for Hitler ....

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I would much prefer BST.
Barium Strontium Titanate?

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
If I've read that properly, it's up to individual states as to whether they want to be on 'permanent summer' or 'permanent winter' time. So there could be half the countries on winter, half on summer, but randomly distributed across the continent. That can't be right.

And to anybody who complains, nobody is stopping you getting up an hour earlier or going to bed an hour later.

lane

Veteran
If I've read that properly, it's up to individual states as to whether they want to be on 'permanent summer' or 'permanent winter' time. So there could be half the countries on winter, half on summer, but randomly distributed across the continent. That can't be right.

And to anybody who complains, nobody is stopping you getting up an hour earlier or going to bed an hour later.
Life doesn't work like that. I come out of work at 5pm if I'm lucky and it's alreay dark then for part of the year. Now its getting dark at 6.30 but could be light until 7.30.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Could copy the countries that use half hour and quarter hour timezones.

Top Bottom