Hurrah for Spotted Dick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
Reminds me of Moby Richard (the well known venereal disease).

U

User169

Uncle Mort said:
My wife once managed to convince a visitor from Hawaii that candyfloss is called Hairy Willy in the UK :biggrin:

A friend of mine once convinced a Slovenian English teacher that in order to indicate that something was extra especially good it should be referred to as "self-gratifying"!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I convinced a non-English speaking Spanish woman that the correct reply to "thank you" was "Not at all, Mrs Hall" :biggrin:

When doing his teacher training, a friend of mine spent a year at college in the US on some sort of exchange scheme. He maintains that he once called the captain of the college football team a w***er after the worthy sports fellow had accused him of "putting on that fake limey accent to get the girls". He then chickened out and explained that it was a British word for "really good bloke" as nobody there had heard the word before.

I am not sure if he's winding me up with this story: is w***er really unknown in the States?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Fnaar said:

Hurrah indeed! :biggrin:

Uncle Mort said:
My wife once managed to convince a visitor from Hawaii that candyfloss is called Hairy Willy in the UK :ohmy:

:blush: Although opportunities for hairy willy are somewhat limited so to speak!

Delftse Post said:
A friend of mine once convinced a Slovenian English teacher that in order to indicate that something was extra especially good it should be referred to as "self-gratifying"!

That is wankingly excellent!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just having a look through The Daily Mash - very funny!

Anyway the astrological week with Psychic Bob is surprisingly accurate - more so than any others I've read.

Well the bit about the mushrooms anyway, which is more than nothing....

Aries (21 MAR-19 APR)
This week, you see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour. Excellent mushrooms.

psychicbob

Top Bottom