Hurricane SL air-shock overhaul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveD

Can anybody identify the brand of adjustable air-shock that Challenge use on the Hurricane SL?

Need to obtain an refurb kit, as it's losing air, but none of my local outlets can identify the unit

tried contacting the company but no response

thanks Steve

bonj2

ask the the fella at d-tek in cambridgeshire (Kevin) , he may know? (he knows a lot about recumbents)

OP
OP
S

SteveD

Catrike UK said:
Have you tried any of the Challenge dealers?

yep. Bikefix and London Recumbents. No response unfortunately.

To be honest I bought the Hurricane secondhand and am not sure I actually like it.... compared to my RatRacer SL (FWD) it's so bloody twitchy, I think I only realised the brilliance of Burrows design by trying an alternative

hey, what's delivery like on the 'CATRIKE 900'.... really like the look of that...

SteveD said:
yep. Bikefix and London Recumbents. No response unfortunately.

To be honest I bought the Hurricane secondhand and am not sure I actually like it.... compared to my RatRacer SL (FWD) it's so bloody twitchy, I think I only realised the brilliance of Burrows design by trying an alternative

hey, what's delivery like on the 'CATRIKE 900'.... really like the look of that...

Three weeks, I assume you mean 700? There are a few tweeks on the 2009, including increased rear tyre clearance to increase the range of tyres you can use, runs nice with Kojaks all round.

I don't understand why recumbent dealers don't give better service, I've always believed service is the key to business, sure we are a bit more niche and can be under pressure a bit more at times but we should always respond to people, even if they are not customers now, they may be in the future.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Catrike UK said:
I don't understand why recumbent dealers don't give better service, I've always believed service is the key to business, sure we are a bit more niche and can be under pressure a bit more at times but we should always respond to people, even if they are not customers now, they may be in the future.

I totally agree, there are some really sucky dealers out there. OTOH, it's such a pleasure to deal with you, you're just as good as David IMO.

OP
OP
S

SteveD

I have found out the Challenge air-shock is not servicable. Fair enough, as the replacement item from London Recumbents is just £90.

Thanks for the advice anyway, guys.....

SteveD said:
I have found out the Challenge air-shock is not servicable. Fair enough, as the replacement item from London Recumbents is just £90.

Thanks for the advice anyway, guys.....

I understand they are a standard spec shock, so perhaps the time is right to replace it with a serviceable unit.

Top Bottom