I am a cycling GOD! - Check out my top speed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
I went out with a new UNI cycling club yesterday, we didn't really go far but it was a really nice ride.

I've attached a screenshot (and it isn't photoshopped or anything like that) of my MAX speed in MPH as recorded by my speedo. :smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Something tells me that my speedo made a mistake - I'm not sure there would be a hill long and steep enough in Norwich to do that :tongue:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
phrrrrrp!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Archie_tect said:
Computer says 'no'... Thomas, I'd frame it and bask in the glory!

ACtually, might steal my house mates camera and get a really good photo - put it in a frame :smile:

It can certainly make the new UNI cycling club look like an elite cycling force :tongue:

My old one used to do that in the rain - the sensor had a crack in it and let the water in. I can definitely recollect speeds like 280 mph on a level road. :tongue:

On the other hand, at times it just obstinately indicated 0 mph whatever. :smile:

mike e

Computers do lie sometimes, it's knowing when...:tongue:

65mph anywhere in Norfolk is pretty remarkable

But I can beat that:-

102mph - on the train home after a ride

565mph - Garmin picked up an aircraft signal

Will1985

Über Member
Is this new uni cycling club going to be attending BUCS events? Hillclimb in 3 weeks....get yourselves over to Gas Hill and Mousehold for some climbing reps :tongue:

We took ours out yesterday too - some very good riders indeed, not so much with the road race perhaps but TTs are going to be so strong...

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Will1985 said:
Is this new uni cycling club going to be attending BUCS events? Hillclimb in 3 weeks....get yourselves over to Gas Hill and Mousehold for some climbing reps :smile:

We took ours out yesterday too - some very good riders indeed, not so much with the road race perhaps but TTs are going to be so strong...

ohh, that sounds serious :tongue:.

Is there a website link for this hill climb? I'll post a link on the facebook page and see if anyone would like to go.

I'd be up for attending things like this anyway - might be a bit soon though as I don't think the club is technically 'official' - have to get like 6 more members or something.

Bman

Guru
mike e said:
Computers do lie sometimes, it's knowing when...;)

65mph anywhere in Norfolk is pretty remarkable

But I can beat that:-

102mph - on the train home after a ride

565mph - Garmin picked up an aircraft signal

eh?

Were you on the aircraft!? Otherwise, how would an aircraft confuse a GPS?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
my computer completely broke, randomly it will turn on and say it's doing 75.9mph, total distance travelled so far is a little over 8,000 miles, with an average speed of 56mph. Certainly wasn't me doing that ;)

mike e

Bongman said:
eh?

Were you on the aircraft!? Otherwise, how would an aircraft confuse a GPS?

I was out riding and when I returned and downloaded the GPS ride data I had picked up an aircraft signal that took the signal to Germany and back before tracking back on my actual ride. I had some other amazing stats, average speed, altitude etc. I was at The Cycle Show in London later that year and spoke to the rep on the Garmin stand who was quite surprised at what had happened.

For info it was a Garmin Edge 205 and has never been 100%, I have since broken it (after falling off my bike) so need to send it back to Garmin for a replacement.

WeeE

Congratulations! Well, I can see I've a ways to go yet: my £3.99 Sainsbury's speedometer shows that along a straight flat bit (and with a pannier full of shopping) I reached 23mph. A personal best always feels great,doesn't it?
Oh, no...wait, mine's set to kph, not mph. :evil: Still, it's such a gorgeous, crisp, sunny day here in Glasgow - dammit, it felt magnificent, and it still does. ;)

Top Bottom