I am puzzled...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
:wacko: puzzled perplexed and ponderant am I.

On this fourm there must be close to 5,000 cyclists, all members. They must be from every corner of every town, city, county & village in Britain.
The general consensus seems to be that cycling is better when done with other people so why I wonder is there not a part of the forum solely dedicated to finding a cycling buddy for days out, touring or anything. Informal Rides and Events just doesn't quite cut the mustard with this one I'm afraid.

Has anyone ever tried to cut mustard is now the other thing lurching off the sides of my brain:hyper:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Good idea. I guess you could use the member map to find people in the general area and PM them.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, there are over 18,000 members now, so I'd guess that would mean at least 15,000 cyclists ...

What is wrong with just starting a thread with the title "Riding partner wanted, Morden, Surrey area"?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's what the informal rides section is for and it works quite well.
As Colin says just put a shout out.

Member Mr Preston did it for Sunday Morning Riders in London and it has kept going over the past couple of years. And in that time it has helped CC'ers meet other CC'ers from all over London for rides. It's quite common to get the number of riders in double figures.

And Morden is no real cycling distance from Hyde Park Corner.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I got a cycling buddies sticky put up on bikeradar ( http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40052&t=12736730 ). Though it was set up primarily for newcomers to commuting, and I did it as a completely editable google doc so other contributors could add names and columns, maybe something similar could be set up here and linked to a thread in Informal Rides for a wider range of riding.

Let me know on this thread whether anybody thinks something similar would be useful and I'll mock one up and link it.

EDIT: though it may be that it offers few advantages over the current informal rides set up.

Bicycle

Well, there are over 18,000 members now, so I'd guess that would mean at least 15,000 cyclists ...

What is wrong with just starting a thread with the title "Riding partner wanted, Morden, Surrey area"?

In theory not a bad idea. But I don't live in Morden. It just wouldn't work.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
wheres modern and what is this buddy lark , does that mean i would have to talk to another human being without using a mobile phone or computer ?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
iirc - I think there was a post in informal rides.

Is it still the case that Hyde Park corner is too far in? I might be mixing you up with someone else but I think there was someone looking for a riding buddy but wanted trails and simple off road routes?

There's a load of us near you..just depends on what your requirements are.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 1670541, member: 1314"]Morden is about 7,8 miles from HPC I reckon. Morden is just south of South Wimbledon.[/quote]

Yep, very easy to get to HPC from there.

classic33

Leg End Member
:wacko: puzzled perplexed and ponderant am I.

Has anyone ever tried to cut mustard is now the other thing lurching off the sides of my brain:hyper:

Easy to do. The cut is cleaner if you make the cut at the head of the tube, not partway down what is outside the tube.

D

Deleted member 1258

I think that the truth is that we make each other believe that we are better than we really are, thus dont meet to avoid crushing our pride :rofl:

Perhaps that had something to do with the three rides I've been on being sparsely attended, Excellent though they were.

Top Bottom