"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I feared that ’old age’ would have mis-represented my meaning far worse than ’new age’. :laugh:
Lets just stick with
'Perennial Middle Youth'
Shall we ^_^

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I can almost smell the patchouli oil....takes me back to SE Asia in the late 80s happy days 😁
Mostly overpowered by the constant smell of woodsmoke :rolleyes:

And the odd 'erbal cigarette.

This was actually a brilliant place to kick the habit - you couldn't smoke in public anyhow - for fear of other people trying to scrounge tobacco :rolleyes:

Anyways.
Jonsons still a total Jonson.

No change there :sad:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've come up with a handful of points for the people who claim that Boris is doing a great job...

What do you think has been Boris's bestest moment...
  • The one where he ignored the WHO when they advised putting the country on lock down at the beginning of March?
  • The one where he reckoned the best thing to do was to let everyone catch COVID and the survivors would be immune? (AKA herd immunity)
  • The one where he didn't understand the 'not shaking hands' advice and went to a hospital, visited the COVID patients and shook everybody's hand?
  • The one where he put an unnecessary burden on the NHS by contracting COVID when he could have possibly avoided it (see above)?
  • The one where he ignored his own team of scientists who advised going on a 2nd lock down in mid-September?

Naively, i kicked up a bit of a shoot storm with some FB 'friends' by asking this... so use with extreme caution :excl:
Nothing controversial with that.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Imagine the scenes if the specific and small minority brand of Trumpist-supporting Leave voters had lost the referendum and been whipped up by Farage to storm the Houses of Parliament like his buddy Trump.

Just wind them up and set them off.

Adam4868

Guru
He did used to work for the Telegraph so has some personal attachment.
What do you really expect him to put in an RIP tweet?
Works a bit of a overstatement don't you think ? How about showing a little compassion to the 100,000 plus people who have died due to his goverments incompetence ?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Works a bit of a overstatement don't you think ? How about showing a little compassion to the 100,000 plus people who have died due to his goverments incompetence ?
This could be a new game.
"Farewell to a great author. John le Carré was a master of the cold war spy genre and a passionate pro-European. And a little compassion to the thousands who died as Europe found itself rent between competing political systems."

Adam4868

Guru
Farewell to a great author. John le Carré was a master of the cold war spy genre and a passionate pro-European. And a little compassion to the thousands who died as Europe found itself rent between competing political systems."
It would be boring as a game...to one sided.
“a farking Etonian narcissistic elitist without a decent conviction in his body bar his own advancement”
John Le Carré on Boris Johnson.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This could be a new game.
"Farewell to a great author. John le Carré was a master of the cold war spy genre and a passionate pro-European. And a little compassion to the thousands who died as Europe found itself rent between competing political systems."
He wrote that great film didn’t he with Kenneth Williams et al... Le Carre on Spying....

Top Bottom