"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Has there ever been a less sincere and more nauseating public statement made by any politician dead or alive than that made by Johnson today in regard to Covid victims?
b. b. b but he said he was sorry.

He wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

Adam4868

Guru
Johnson "We truly did everything we could....to minimise the loss of life and minimise suffering."
So no apologies or admitting they fecked up.Im not sure I've heard a single one of them admit to anything.

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
And that's only the first five months.

I'd have more respect for him if he said "sorry, we completely farked it, lads. we're trying to do better" rather than "we did everything we could" when that is demonstrably and provably false and can be debunked by anyone with sufficient recall to remember four weeks ago when he did a u-turn on school reopening after just one day.

Further, the fact that he is still on this planet is evidence that they did not do everything they could, because from where I'm sitting, firing him into the great red spot of Jupiter would definitely count as a positive step they could do to fight covid.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The cynic in me (I know, I know, who knew?) might think that by delaying the second jab is just a numbers game so HMG can (world beatingly) claim to have immunised more than any other other country. They are already saying they have immunised people rather than saying they have half Immunised people.
Delaying the second jab made a lot of sense when it was not yet clear if we could suppress the new variant. If it had turned out that way, many tens of thousands of lives might have been saved.

No we know we can suppress it, it makes much less difference; cases are halving every 2-3 weeks, which makes a far more rapid impact on the total final death toll than the vaccination programme.

Note also that AstraZeneca reckon 8 weeks might be optimal anyway between doses (trials ongoing)

I do think the govt called this one right. Indeed, I think they generally got things right on the vaccine strategy.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Delaying the second jab made a lot of sense when it was not yet clear if we could suppress the new variant. If it had turned out that way, many tens of thousands of lives might have been saved.

No we know we can suppress it, it makes much less difference; cases are halving every 2-3 weeks, which makes a far more rapid impact on the total final death toll than the vaccination programme.

Note also that AstraZeneca reckon 8 weeks might be optimal anyway between doses (trials ongoing)

I do think the govt called this one right. Indeed, I think they generally got things right on the vaccine strategy.
Mrs Dr B hasn’t been involved in the vaccine development but knows a few people who have been. As a country we basically got lucky because we have a very strong research base in this area and a team at Oxford who were already looking at corona viruses.

The government’s financial contribution to vaccine development is most politely described as “limited”. That’s not a problem in itself, but to try and claim any credit for the development process will stick in the craws of many who actually did the hard yards.

Top Bottom