"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

I think it's important to be fair in assessment, and a mere PASS on vaccines seems rather harsh when we're doing better than any large country in the world.

Equally, the response in every other area has been nothing short of criminally negligent, reflected in our death toll which is higher than any large country in the world.
I think we might be jumping the gun on vaccines - theres still potential for this go wrong, and lets not forgot the history of this pandemic everything we thought 'oh that will never happen' - well it did.

1.The first group contains almost 4m health and social care workers. The team I work in are all non patient facing. We are all WFH - we have all had jab 1 (don't get me wrong thats great) - however we aren't out and about anyway, so were non spreaders. The vast majority of those 4m are willing arms - so are they painting a favourable picture of the numbers vaccinated ?

2.The effect of the 12 week gap, between jab 1 and Jab 2 is unknown that MO not being effective is another 'Oh no that won't happen'

3.When we come to vaccinate the adult population - are we going to need better social distancing, as these people will have been 'out and about' - and by the time we start these I imagine lockdown will have been eased to a greater or lesser extent by the time this rollout is started.

4.The end game is (very approximately) 80% of the population with 80% protection + the unknown impact of the new variants and an overwhelming urge to get 'back to normal'

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
2.The effect of the 12 week gap, between jab 1 and Jab 2 is unknown that MO not being effective is another 'Oh no that won't happen'
Yes, i find it hard to heap praise on the government for their vaccines rollout when they have ignored the manufacturer's vaccination schedule.
If it works, great, but it's a big leap into the unknown. And this government has been altogether far too cavalier with the science right the way through this.

lane

Veteran
In fairness this time - unlike many others - the Government are following the advice the Chief Medical Officers. If it goes wrong then that is on the CMOs and not Boris.

stowie

Legendary Member
Is anyone offended by this?

The guy is completely unfit to be PM, but I can’t get too angry about his OJ quip.

View: https://youtu.be/TUqM5wL98AY
It is the first press opportunity in weeks where Boris hasn't been sporting a lab coat whilst surrounded by expensive lab equipment.

Even my 12 year old daughter is getting sceptical - "what is Boris doing there, is he inventing the vaccines?!"

As for the OJ quip - yeah that's Boris. We cannot get distracted by these, a lot of people will think he is funny and that his critics are just moany woke left-wingers. We should concentrate on the incompetence and less than transparent deals being done plus any stuff being whisked through parliament whilst we are all looking the other way at COVID. God knows if we stick to just this there is enough to be going on...

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
Is anyone offended by this?

The guy is completely unfit to be PM, but I can’t get too angry about his OJ quip.

View: https://youtu.be/TUqM5wL98AY
Just yet another demonstration of his complete lack of tact and his inability to think before speaking.
And as @stowie said, pure distraction. Bread and circuses, possibly, although at least they definitely have a clown.

Polling over last week shows Johnson and the Tories having a popularity surge in the feel good factor of the vaccination campaign.

This shows that the average British voter has the same attention span as a goldfish. All of a sudden it is as if the first nine months of the pandemic did not happen. Nor the UK having just about the worst Covid infection and death rates of any wealthy country in the world, brought about under the careless watch of that same Johnson Tory government and added to by stupid things like that "eat out to die out" campaign.

No need to worry about the next few years because as long as Starmer can come up with a good campaign slogan in the two weeks before the next election Labour is in with a chance.

Adam4868

Guru
Polling over last week shows Johnson and the Tories having a popularity surge in the feel good factor of the vaccination campaign.

This shows that the average British voter has the same attention span as a goldfish. All of a sudden it is as if the first nine months of the pandemic did not happen. Nor the UK having just about the worst Covid infection and death rates of any wealthy country in the world, brought about under the careless watch of that same Johnson Tory government and added to by stupid things like that "eat out to die out" campaign.

No need to worry about the next few years because as long as Starmer can come up with a good campaign slogan in the two weeks before the next election Labour is in with a chance.
Or it's shows there's no opposition ?

Top Bottom