"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

Adam4868

Guru

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
He's right in a way though - the BBC were as bad as everyone else at understanding the public mood prior to the Brexit vote. They were, the majority on this forum were, I was, totally unaware of the strength of feeling against the EU.

The BBC played a part in this. Despite having more journalists and access to more investigative production companies than any other media organisation, they were totally blind-sided. If they'd got their heads out of their arses they wouldn't have lazily dismissed the threat and perhaps run pieces showing the real advantages of EU membership and the real consequences of leaving.

Adam4868

Guru
He's right in a way though - the BBC were as bad as everyone else at understanding the public mood prior to the Brexit vote. They were, the majority on this forum were, I was, totally unaware of the strength of feeling against the EU.

The BBC played a part in this. Despite having more journalists and access to more investigative production companies than any other media organisation, they were totally blind-sided. If they'd got their heads out of their arses they wouldn't have lazily dismissed the threat and perhaps run pieces showing the real advantages of EU membership and the real consequences of leaving.
Yes they should have just swallowed all the bullsh1t he spouted like everybody else...

The whole Brexit debate was a middle class affair and too many of those involved in it on the TV, radio and other media, including the BBC, were talking to others in their middle class, metropolitan bubbles. Hence the shock when it did not turn out as they anticipated, nor that the obvious truth wasn't obvious to everybody at all.

Ste T.

Veteran
People talk about a London bubble but I only found out the other day that 40% of London voted leave.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Would love to know the general population answer to the following two questions:
1) Is Ms Arcuri's revelation a surprise to you?
2) Does it change your view of Mr ABdP Johnson?
3) What evidence will get you to accept that he is a narcissistic lazy bully who really doesn't care about you as long as you still like him?

Top Bottom