"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

Hmm, Jeremy Hunt:
Generally voted against UK membership of the EU
Generally voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK.
Generally voted against more EU integration.
Generally voted against laws to promote equality and human rights
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices.
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government.
Has never voted on a transparent Parliament
Generally voted against spending public money to create guaranteed jobs for young people who have spent a long time unemployed.
Consistently voted for use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas .
Consistently voted for military action against ISIL.
Almost always voted for new high speed rail infrastructure.
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT.
Almost always voted for more restrictive regulation of trade union activity .
Almost always voted against slowing the rise in rail fares.
Consistently voted for ending financial support for some 16-19 year olds in training and further education
Generally voted for restricting the scope of legal aid.
Almost always voted against restrictions on fees charged to tenants by letting agents .
Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change.

Rocky

sacré bleu
Not a bad foreign secretary though. Did some reasonable things as Health Secretary. Ran his own business and knows a bit about the commercial world. Has also read one of my wife's books. So sounds a reasonable chap to me.

Adam4868

Guru
Hmm, Jeremy Hunt:
Generally voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK.
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices.
Generally voted against spending public money to create guaranteed jobs for young people who have spent a long time unemployed.
Consistently voted for use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas .
Consistently voted for ending financial support for some 16-19 year olds in training and further education
Almost always voted against restrictions on fees charged to tenants by letting agents .
That's how hard it is to pick a decent Tory...now why don't you give us your choice ?

That's how hard it is to pick a decent Tory...now why don't you give us your choice ?
Okay, so you don't support Rocky's choice.

You can choose a Labour one if you like. Someone else chose a Green candidate. It's not as if it makes any difference, as nobody has come up with a way of over throwing the PM from here.

No matter how often you try, my position of being relatively content, and having little time for the political system anyway, means I'll make the best of what we've got, and choose at the poling station.

It's why I feel the onus is on those that spend their days looking for things to get upset about, to offer a credible and viable solution, so...in your own time, who is your choice?

Adam4868

Guru
Okay, so you don't support Rocky's choice.

You can choose a Labour one if you like. Someone else chose a Green candidate. It's not as if it makes any difference, as nobody has come up with a way of over throwing the PM from here.

No matter how often you try, my position of being relatively content, and having little time for the political system anyway, means I'll make the best of what we've got, and choose at the poling station.

It's why I feel the onus is on those that spend their days looking for things to get upset about, to offer a credible and viable solution, so...in your own time, who is your choice?
I'm having my tea now....
tenor-5.gif

PaulB

Legendary Member
They've got him bang to rights.

stowie

Legendary Member
Hmm, Jeremy Hunt:
Jeremy Hunt was a senior cabinet minister for many years, where he would vote in accordance with collective cabinet responsibility.

His voting record may not (or may) reflect his actual views due to the above.

Any cabinet minister would have a similar voting record. In fact most Tory MPs would have a similar voting record.

The real question is what direction we would think a new leader would take the government? Because the leader sets the direction, tone and strategy of government.

I am not saying Hunt would suddenly become a fine leader with a new direction. What I am saying is a cabinet minister's voting record won't tell us the whole picture aside from the fact that he or she voted in accordance with the party. Which isn't a massive surprise.

Kajjal

Veteran
Jeremy Hunt was a senior cabinet minister for many years, where he would vote in accordance with collective cabinet responsibility.

His voting record may not (or may) reflect his actual views due to the above.

Any cabinet minister would have a similar voting record. In fact most Tory MPs would have a similar voting record.

The real question is what direction we would think a new leader would take the government? Because the leader sets the direction, tone and strategy of government.

I am not saying Hunt would suddenly become a fine leader with a new direction. What I am saying is a cabinet minister's voting record won't tell us the whole picture aside from the fact that he or she voted in accordance with the party. Which isn't a massive surprise.
That is a very important point. Looking at the US with the new president highlights this and the change in direction of the country.

Reactions: C R

Rocky

sacré bleu
At the moment I’d take anyone who didn’t tell lies, cheat on and abuse his women, was open about how many kids he’d fathered, didn’t hand out contracts to his mates, didn’t embarrass the country with his stupidity and was a little less profligate with our money.

Top Bottom