"I Boris"...We Really Need to Talk About Johnson

Adam4868

Guru
Is that the same faith as before, or the new improved faith?

I have faith in the idea that Johnson will mess things up even more, but I have hope, rather than faith, that enough people will see him for the chancer he is.
Mess things up even more ? Feck he's doing ok on that score.A chancer...how nice 🙄

He doesn't have to be good. He just needs to be a shinier turd than the one the other lot put up. There's a good chance the Tory Party will do a bit of turd comparison in the months to come and decide they need a different turd.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Johnson won’t be criminally prosecuted for the Ms Arcuri Scandal.
But the investigation makes clear that they had a relationship and people who awarded the funding was aware of the relationship!

Clearly he was married at the time, but it seems he was also dating his current fiancé in 2018/19 when this happened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52755473
I'm waiting to be told the dog has eaten the Russia Report.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
He doesn't have to be good. He just needs to be a shinier turd than the one the other lot put up. There's a good chance the Tory Party will do a bit of turd comparison in the months to come and decide they need a different turd.
They have ‘form’ on picking turds of late: May, Cameron, IDS, Hague.
It’s clearly a knack....
Odious Gove would fit-in perfectly.

perplexed

Legendary Member
They have ‘form’ on picking turds of late: May, Cameron, IDS, Hague.
It’s clearly a knack....
Odious Gove would fit-in perfectly.
The Conservatives have shed their 'thinkers' at quite a rate, replacing them with talent vacuums, so it's an interesting question from their owners' point of view. Johnson is probably on a fine balance as far as any asset/liability scale is concerned, but the question for whoever (be it Murdoch or someone else) 'decides' who the next boss should be, is - how to sell them to the country? Not so much those who'll put their cross next to the Tory candidate no matter who's in charge, but those who really voted for Johnson rather than the Tories per se. (I know you don't vote for the PM directly as such, but that's what often happens in reality) . Gove, for example, even though he's the most favoured replacement if I've understood the vibe correctly, would be a much harder sell to a floating voter or a Johnson fan boy.

Last edited:

C R

Veteran
I suppose Johnson will be firing him any moment now. Any minute...

View: https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1263910947300704257?s=20
We can only laugh, :sad:.

Brompton Bruce

Coffeeeeeeeee pleeeeease
"A source close to Mr Cummings defended his actions, saying he made the trip because his parents could help with child care while he and his wife were both ill with symptoms of coronavirus. "
Eh, he drove with his son to his parents so they they could look after him?
He and his wife were too ill to look after their son but could still drive 300 miles. Surely they should be prosecuted for not being properly in control of their car.

He should be fired but he's just representative of all those who think the virus measures can be interpreted to suit themselves - and we've seen tens of thousands of people doing this. Makes me laugh when I hear all the whining about us being a "fascist police state" - our police are toothless and ignored, muzzled by a legal system that gives criminals more rights than victims.

Top Bottom