I chased a bad guy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last night I came across a guy who had just had his mobile snatched out of his hand by a scroat on a MTB. At first I though he had nicked his bike "no, it was my phone" he cried. I took off in persuit!!! I was closing on him fast, he knew I was there!!!!!! He took a right hand turn, as I came flying around the corner....................he was gone! 3 road joining and path running behind a row of houses. I then spotted a couple of cops and asked if they had seen the guy, they hadn't. The victim thanked me for trying and the police took my details. TBH I was a little peeved with myself for not catching him. Imagine my surprise when one of the coppers called me later and thanked me and called me a "hero"!!

col

Legendary Member
Eat MY Dust said:
Last night I came across a guy who had just had his mobile snatched out of his hand by a scroat on a MTB. At first I though he had nicked his bike "no, it was my phone" he cried. I took off in persuit!!! I was closing on him fast, he knew I was there!!!!!! He took a right hand turn, as I came flying around the corner....................he was gone! 3 road joining and path running behind a row of houses. I then spotted a couple of cops and asked if they had seen the guy, they hadn't. The victim thanked me for trying and the police took my details. TBH I was a little peeved with myself for not catching him. Imagine my surprise when one of the coppers called me later and thanked me and called me a "hero"!!

Just make sure those underpants are clean when you wear them over your trousers:biggrin:

Well done, not many would do that.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Eat MY Dust said:
TBH I felt like a right plonker for not catching him.

You tried... thats the main thing! many would not, good test of character that, you should be proud of yourself.

col

Legendary Member
Eat MY Dust said:
TBH I felt like a right plonker for not catching him.

I wouldnt worry, the little bugger will have known every escape route open to him, like a rat in a sewer.:laugh:

Well done EMD but maybe it was a good thing you never caught him it could have turned out he was carrying a knife.
Easier said than done though. A while back my mate got broken into and we chased after thieves on foot just as we caught them the Gardai (Irish Police) turned up. It was only later I thought about the what if though!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done - the guy probably knew a quick short cut - you'd be knackered going down an alley though.

If you had caught him, best thing would be to overtake, then switch across him - you'd take his front wheel out....., or given your most excellent handling skills, barge him into the curb.....

It would be more funny if you chased then sat on his wheel as he tried to escape - oxygen debt on his behalf..... and run him into the ground.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Top job EMD. First you get your vid in the C+ magazine (though what you're doing on Bikeradar is a mystery to me) and now you're the future of law-enforcement! You're even more of a shameless self-publicist than that Magnatom fellow.:laugh:

What's this about getting a vid in C+? It seems I have competition...:laugh:

Good man for trying. I'd like to think I would do the same.

I take it you didn't have the helmet camera on at the time?:biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
What's this about getting a vid in C+?

In one of the sidebars somewhere in the newsy section towards the front of the magazine - don't have it to hand at the moment. It's the one where EMD chases down a WV.

magnatom said:
What's this about getting a vid in C+? It seems I have competition...:laugh:

Good man for trying. I'd like to think I would do the same.

I take it you didn't have the helmet camera on at the time?:biggrin:

Your not fast enough!:biggrin:

I did have the camera on, but there's not much to see really. Just me stopping to ask the guy what happened and then me taking off. The police got really excited when I told them I was filming it, but in the end there was nothing to see. Could have been the best commute video ever (if I'd caught him).

janm399

Veteran
Well done! That's enough karma to ensure trouble-free riding until the end of the month (I'm being realistic here :laugh:)

Top Bottom