I dislike Murray, hate is such a strong word...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karen.488walker

simply because he hates the english and all the english people will conveniently forget this because we're desperate. I'm desperate for a UK champion at wimbledon but not one who didn't want my support 3 yrs ago so can get stuffed now. Arrogant wnkr.

+ 1

I don't care where he's from (or where he's going) but he really is an arrogant prikk!

His brother, on the other hand, seems like a decent fella.

I remember when he (the brother) won the mixed doubles at Wimbledon two(?) years ago; it looked like he/they were really enjoying themsleves. Which is how it should be, and not just be an arrogant PRIKK! :smile:

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

it's not where he's from that's my problem, it was his attitude towards the english and now he expects our support. Am married to a scot who loves to see anyone else score against our football team.

Rob S

karen.488walker said:
simply because he hates the english and all the english people will conveniently forget this because we're desperate. I'm desperate for a UK champion at wimbledon but not one who didn't want my support 3 yrs ago so can get stuffed now. Arrogant wnkr.

Oh get over it!!:ohmy:

He's said plenty of times....as has Tim Henman who was also there for that interview...what the context was. Perhaps you'd prefer some dullard who always gives stock answers to every boring journalists questions.

Dear oh dear!!!:smile:

He doesn't hate the English. He made a remark last year that was taken out of context. Asked if he would be supporting England at Euro 2008 he replied that he wouldn't. The tabloid press took this reply to mean that he hated England. I would have given the same reply!:smile:

As for arrogance, I think a lot of top sports people have a touch of the arrogant. They have to be absolutely assured at their ability to compete and to win and unfortunately this can be misconstrued as arrogance.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The other thing I don't particularly like about him is how he used to mumble in an arrogant manner to the whoever was interviewing him. It was just rude.

Renard

Rob S said:
Oh get over it!!:ohmy:

He's said plenty of times....as has Tim Henman who was also there for that interview...what the context was. Perhaps you'd prefer some dullard who always gives stock answers to every boring journalists questions.

Dear oh dear!!!:smile:

Sensible words. There seems to be quite a lot of anger on this forum today :ohmy:

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

You don't have to be a scottish wnkr and hate the english to make you interesting and not a dullard. There are better and more intelligent/interesting ways. He's one up from Susan Boyle.

Bigtwin

Renard said:
Sensible words. There seems to be quite a lot of anger on this forum today :smile:

No there bloody isn't. Come here and say that, you stupid git. Jeez people like you p1ss me off.

Renard

Bigtwin said:
No there bloody isn't. Come here and say that, you stupid git. Jeez people like you p1ss me off.

:ohmy:

Anger is like a spot ; the more you you squeeze it the more pus comes out :smile:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Dayvo said:
That's not evident in Roger Federer, nor was it in Pete Sampras.

There are of course exceptions to every rule, but I agree, many many top sports people have arrogance, it helps as its a trait that typically lends itself to be unaffected by pressure (on Murray there will be masses at Wimbledon).

I actually like Murray, he is a breath of fresh air from the silver spoon up his A hole Tim 'Mr nice but not good enough' Henman!

He is very awkward infront of camera's and all the press, he has no charisma and he hates the english football team, he wouldnt be a sweaty sock if he didnt! So what?

He is a british sportsman and I shall be supporting him.

Top Bottom