I fell.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corshamjim

I bet you're relieved!

I came off my bike a few days ago riding down a rutted bridleway - didn't hit my head or hurt anything thankfully, but was glad to have been wearing my helmet nevertheless. I could so easily have hit my head on a tree stump or suchlike.

OP
OP
Stephen-D

Stephen-D

I was very relived, i had to go to hospital because unfortunately i wasnt wearing body armour on my road bike and so i had to have my shoulder examined but iw as very fortunate, yes it cost me £120 for a helmet but it saved my life so i think thats a good pay off ;)

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Here we go again.......
textmining-worms-copy.jpg

corshamjim

I'll bite.
How do you know it saved your life?

Oh good grief! :wacko: That comment belongs with such as 'what is the sound of one hand clapping?' and 'if a tree falls in the forest but there's nobody there to see it, did it really fall'. Back in the real world helmets sometimes save lives whether that suits your politics or not.

Deb13b

*pulls up a chair*
Popcorn, anyone ?

Jezston

Über Member
Oh good grief! :wacko: That comment belongs with such as 'what is the sound of one hand clapping?' and 'if a tree falls in the forest but there's nobody there to see it, did it really fall'. Back in the real world helmets sometimes save lives whether that suits your politics or not.

In case you weren't aware, this is the 'helmet debate' subforum.

To counter your rather sideways retort, I could say that saying "I fell off my bike, was wearing a helmet and lived - therefore the only reason I'm alive is because I was wearing a helmet" is a comment that belongs with such as "I take homeopathic pills against cancer and I've never got cancer - therefore homeopathic pills prevent cancer". Except I wouldn't say that directed at the OP because that would come across as a bit rude.

Correlation is not causation.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I think what the OP needs to do, in the interests of scientific inquiry, is to precisely recreate the circumstances of the accident but this time without a helmet. The we'll know for sure, depending on whether they die or not, whether in the first accident the helmet did save their life.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
In case you weren't aware, this is the 'helmet debate' subforum.

To counter your rather sideways retort, I could say that saying "I fell off my bike, was wearing a helmet and lived - therefore the only reason I'm alive is because I was wearing a helmet" is a comment that belongs with such as "I take homeopathic pills against cancer and I've never got cancer - therefore homeopathic pills prevent cancer". Except I wouldn't say that directed at the OP because that would come across as a bit rude.

Correlation is not causation.

good come back.

recently i've fallen off my fixie pissed, smashed up my elbow the first time, smashed up my shoulder the second time (fixies are hard work when drunk), i was wearing a bandana both times, therefore my bandana saved my life....TWICE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom