I had a dream!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
2 weeks ago I took the trusty old MTB into the LBS to get a new headset, unfortunately it would not be ready for over a week. This forced my hand: I would have to commute on my latest eBay purchase - a preposterously light and stiff machine, a Focus Izalco Team 2008. Obviously, I could not risk this baby down the dog shoot and glass strewn cycle paths of SE London, instead I had no option but to use the A21 into London. I hadn’t cycled on the main roads with a road bike (we called them racing bikes back in the day) since the late 1970’s, so I was filled with a modicum of trepidation. However, once I’d mastered the SRAM Red (bragging rights to me) I found even a middle-aged fart like me can muster up a fair rate of knots on such a wonderful machine. All this must have fed into my sub-conscious, as I had wonderful fantasy dream last night in which I enter a 28 (why 28?) mile road race against world champs. Naturally, I won in a record time. Never grow up! :evil:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was commuting through the Waterlink Way but now switched to the A21. I have found the A21 not that bad, consisting of mostly bus lanes, if you get the lights with you, you can get a fair old speed going.

So how are you getting on with the double click system?

Oh yes I am still waiting for that dream I am yet to have featuring Victoria Pendleton.

OP
OP
Watt-O

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
ianrauk said:
I was commuting through the Waterlink Way but now switched to the A21. I have found the A21 not that bad, consisting of mostly bus lanes, if you get the lights with you, you can get a fair old speed going.

So how are you getting on with the double click system?

Oh yes I am still waiting for that dream I am yet to have featuring Victoria Pendleton.
+1 on Victoria!

The SRAM Red just needs a little tickle to move into a highter gear, do a longer sweep to change down. I still haven't completely mastered the down stroke yet (still I only have 3 piddly hills to negotiate). Next challenge is to put on some proper pedals, I guess it will have to be a carbon Look variety.

Top Bottom