I hate head winds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Horse's Mouth

Proud to be an Inverted snob!
Nothing left in my locker this morning. 6.5 miles in a strong head wind is not fun. Even kept the crowds away at the Excel (Britains got talent auditions). Monday there was a huge queue.

Looking forward to the cycle home mind. Just need to fit a sail on the bike.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It was a tough commute this morning through SE London with the wind... bleedin' knackered

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I agree my usual cruise in was reduced to a slow hard slog.

I'm sure my new pannier justs acts a huge wind break!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS the rule of the wind is it changes direction for the ride home !

Gusty as hell this morning in Manchester - missed the hail - that would have hurt. Filtering was 'entertaining' just had to be careful on Manchester Road as the road is elivated from the fields, and goes over the M60 - some serious buffeting.

Wife thought I was a bit nuts for riding. Had one buff round my neck, and one covering my lower face - it was biting out there.

lukesdad

Id rather wear a backpack than use pannier s in strong winds. Too much surface area with the panniers.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just checked weather forecast no change in direction of wind for trip home. Going to freewheel all the way home. Happy days!!!!

HA

G-Zero

Über Member
Just caught tomorrow's weather forecast on the BBC and they have issued a RED WARNING for extremely strong winds in Scotland and the north of England.

More snow forecast for Friday and beyond.

Top Bottom