I just got my 1st Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cat

I just got my first road bike, i went to the LBS and told him how much i wanted to spend & he was recommended by a friend also to be honest and true and give me a good deal......(if he did or not i wouldn't have a clue, i just smiled and nooded)

Its a Schwinn Fast Back Comp.... i dont know how to do specs but he said it was the best of the best and when he had them in his shop they sold like crazy & even he bought one this time round, when he managed to get his hands on them again....

I read bits on the bike and you may be able to give me the low down on spec and if its any good...

Wheels - Gipiemme paired-spoke wheelset (T-due24s Race Team alloy 6005 T6 Etrto 622 - 13.5 din)

Reflex Carbon fibre Seatstays

Shimano Ultegra 10 at rear and shimano Ultegra 2 at front

reflex CF2 carbon fibre fork

Ritchey comp bar/stem combo

shimao 105 quick shift brakes

theres a bit on it where it says gold label super butted?

I've attached the picture of the bike too :smile:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
looks nice, main thing is that you enjoy riding it for many happy miles :smile:

OP
OP
C

Cat

Yeah it felt lovely to ride when i was riding it around before i bought it....

havnt done no long distaces on it yet tho, im due a 75 mile mile tomorrow for charity and im thinking shall i take the new bike but thinking what are the chanes of something going wrong with it..............

I paid £850 for it... dont know if the spec is worth less or more than that, as i aint got much clue about bikes.... :smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
looks a nice bike cat. take it tomorrow, if you have problems, and it's a well attended event, you'll almost certainly get someone stop and help. we're pretty good with that, as you never know when you might need it yourself.

enjoy :smile:

OP
OP
C

Cat

alecstilleyedye said:
looks a nice bike cat. take it tomorrow, if you have problems, and it's a well attended event, you'll almost certainly get someone stop and help. we're pretty good with that, as you never know when you might need it yourself.

enjoy :tongue:

Yeah its well attended event and there are people on hand we can phone so hopefully i should be alright, the boyfriend is also doing it so i wont be stuck somewhere in somewoods alone, lol....

Weve got all the nesscersary bits to do most its self, im just worried about the chain with it being new and the cables etc

Tynan

Veteran
looks lovely

once you've got through the first two weeks a new bike is the best, relax and enjoy it

OP
OP
C

Cat

Dayvo said:
Was Sweden, but now, for the time being, it's Norway (bonj hasn't updated my whereabouts, or avatar yet!). Where's you from? ;)

I live in romford which as you know aint far from brentwood, 5 mins :smile: I had a look on that link to see if anyone was from romford but there isn't :tongue:

OP
OP
C

Cat

Charity Bike ride

I completed my first charity bike ride of 75 miles yestaday on my new bike, was good as gold and had no probs etc

The only thing that i have hurt is my knees & in angoy, can just about walk, but in pain....NOT good :biggrin:

Dont know what i have done but they were fine yestaday ;)

Top Bottom